Thread: Where you fishing this summer ?

Default Where you fishing this summer ?

Hello everyone hope folks are doing well.

Been lucky to work remotely from Ketchum for a few weeks again this summer. Had almost a year up here in covid.

Feel fortunate to live in Bay Area but with work and 6 year old taking weekends off is v limited. Love being close to the water for a few weeks.

Water levels here are much better than last 2 years. Silver creek has apparently been fishing “fair” but managed a couple good trips. Big lost is still high but found fish in the edges. Gorgeous place. Big wood coming into shape and had couple fun evenings.

Where you been or planning to go and what you catching?

Steve

I am spending almost all my time in the Delta these days, and doing even overnight trips in my small 14ft boat, trying to avoid daylight hours when the water lice take over. It's close to home and I'm not picky about stripers, bass, bluegill, catfish or even carp. It's no to low pressure fishing, close to home and high return on mental therapy to cost (ROI for those stuck working in the office).

At my house in Driggs for the last week, will be here most of the next 3 weeks then again at Labor Day. Cutty fishing in the creeks and floating the Teton in the evenings.

Did a Teton Canyon float yesterday with TVL, my wife roped em, I had a crazy number of refusals on the double dry.

I'm headed your direction in a couple of weeks, a few days in Ketchum a few days in Victor with my daughter. I'm suffering severe sticker shock with the cost of guided trips...any tips on where there's good access for a day of walk wading would be greatly appreciated. No secret honey holes needed, just somewhere to wet a line for a day without refinancing the house!
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy new fly fishing gear and that usually does the trick.

Last time I was out that way, I had a lot of fun and caught a lot of fish on the upper part of the Big Lost River east of Sun Valley. Not a lot of people around and some interesting countryside. Main River is a fairly small water and there are a bunch of tributaries as well. Don't bypass even the smallest water. I caught a nice cutthroat on a piece of water that was 2-3 feet across between high grass on each bank.

Sounds great
    My ex colleague built a house and moved there, need to visit. Looks gorgeous

Bob I’ve pm you my details

Steve

I love the upper lost
    It’s still a bit pushy but got some decent fish and lost a few in fast water.