Thread: Wyoming Mega trip starts Saturday

Default Wyoming Mega trip starts Saturday

A good fly fishing buddy and I will begin our one year in waiting, 21 day trip to Wyoming this Saturday! We both retired on March 31st, and this has been on our radar since last year. Most of the trip will be car camping with a couple of hotel nights every 5-7 days to do some wash and the like.

We will go in and start with the Hams Fork and wind our way to the top of the state and go out on the Shoshone River. The weather is coming around for us, mid 70’s to 80’s for temps and flows dropping on most every river and stream except the Bighorn. Onward we go!

Wow....

Congratulations on your retirement.

Try to send us some reports along the way if you can.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Epic adventure!!! I hope you guys have an awesome time and keep us posted along the way. Safe travels!

So jealous and can't wait to hear reports. This area is on my list as well. Been all over Montana, Colorado, Idaho and Utah...but never Wyoming. I'm about a year behind you on retirement.

I have done the same. Fished Montana extensively over the last 15 years. Wyoming is interesting to me. Way fewer people, but the landowner owns the stream and streambed, very different. So, fish on BLM, Forest Service-or Public access land . . . Or ask permission. I think having a 12 pack of high quality IPA will assist with this. This is a bucket list trip for us. 40 years of busting ass made this worth it.

Looking forward to hear how it goes. I was in Ennis and Driggs last weekend, the fishing was "OK". Still a little early in a lot of our spots, with the big winter out there, but did get a brute brown halfway down the upper Mad on a sammy dry that was a trip maker. We are driving back out this Saturday and staying til August 14, probably with big focus on the small stream cutty fishing, but might get back up to the Madison/Gallatin and over toward Bondurant at some point if time allows. If you make your way up toward Jackson give us a shout.