Thread: Trip Cancelation and small Nor Cal Fishing Report

Default Added Trip Cancelations and small Nor Cal Fishing Report

Hello Fellow Anglers

We hope you are all having fun and enjoying some of the great fishing we are seeing all across Northern California.
    Currently we are targeting trout, steelhead, shad, striper and bass. Some of these species can be caught on the same day on the same river, which is pretty sweet.

The main reason for this email is that we are looking for an angler to fill a spot on an all inclusive trip on the Lower Klamath River. Some swinging experience would be appreciated but not 100% needed. The trip is for 4 days 3 nights Sept 5th to 8th, again all inclusive and includes Room, Food and your guide for all 4 days of fishing. The price for this trip is $500 per day, $2000 total. If you are interested and would like more information please let me know.

The American River is fishing well for shad, striper and the occasional steelhead. This river will be fishing good to great for the next few months with plenty of cold water flowing down it. Great river for half day or full day trips right now.

The Yuba River is fishing great for shad, steelhead, trout and fishing good for stripers. We are only fishing below Daguerre dam right now, but once the flows come down to comfortable fishing flows above the dam we will be up there fishing to those infamous Yuba Rainbows. Also when the flows come down a bit more, stripers below Daguerre will be hot. This river with the amount of water we have is going to be epic all summer long and into fall.

The Feather River is pumping out steelhead like you wouldn't believe. This has been our main fishery from spring on into summer and it doesn't show any signs of letting up. There are also a good number of shad and striper around as well. Dates are filling up fast.

The Lower Sac is on fire, some of the best fishing we have seen in years and just around the corner is the August 1st upper river opener. We still have some dates available.

Our fall dates are and will be filling up fast, with no salmon fishing this year the egg bite will be one for the record books. So if you are looking to get out this Sept Oct Nov, give us a ring.

Thank you in advance

We look forward to fishing with you soon

Brian Clemens and the NCFG Crew
    Last edited by Brian Clemens; 07-03-2023 at 09:39 PM.
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    norcalflyguides@gmail.com
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Clemens View Post
    Hello Fellow Anglers

We hope you are all having fun and enjoying some of the great fishing we are seeing all across Northern California.
    Currently we are targeting trout, steelhead, shad, striper and bass. Some of these species can be caught on the same day on the same river, which is pretty sweet.

The main reason for this email is that we are looking for an angler to fill a spot on an all inclusive trip on the Lower Klamath River. Some swinging experience would be appreciated but not 100% needed. The trip is for 4 days 3 nights Sept 5th to 8th, again all inclusive and includes Room, Food and your guide for all 4 days of fishing. The price for this trip is $500 per day, $2000 total. If you are interested and would like more information please let me know.

The American River is fishing well for shad, striper and the occasional steelhead. This river will be fishing good to great for the next few months with plenty of cold water flowing down it. Great river for half day or full day trips right now.

The Yuba River is fishing great for shad, steelhead, trout and fishing good for stripers. We are only fishing below Daguerre dam right now, but once the flows come down to comfortable fishing flows above the dam we will be up there fishing to those infamous Yuba Rainbows. Also when the flows come down a bit more, stripers below Daguerre will be hot. This river with the amount of water we have is going to be epic all summer long and into fall.

The Feather River is pumping out steelhead like you wouldn't believe. This has been our main fishery from spring on into summer and it doesn't show any signs of letting up. There are also a good number of shad and striper around as well. Dates are filling up fast.

The Lower Sac is on fire, some of the best fishing we have seen in years and just around the corner is the August 1st upper river opener. We still have some dates available.

Our fall dates are and will be filling up fast, with no salmon fishing this year the egg bite will be one for the record books. So if you are looking to get out this Sept Oct Nov, give us a ring.

Thank you in advance

We look forward to fishing with you soon

Brian Clemens and the NCFG Crew
    Typically, August is best month for steelies on Klamath, no? BUT... THIS YEAR, with all the snow runoff, full reservoirs, etc... the season will likely be later so September 5-8 should see the Klamath in its absolute PRIME! Sounds like a great opportunity with a great guide

Sent you an email regarding Klamath opening, interested.
    Robert

Thanks for those kind words Mark, greatly appreciated. Those dates 5th to 8th should be prime time with the canoe races going on this year on hoopa rez. It happens ever odd year and just before labor day. The spit opens up and the fish pour in.

To add to this list I have a seat or 2 available on
    Sept 30 to Oct 2
    Price is $550 per person per day $1650 total
    The evening prior festivities are optional but this price covers a vrbo and dinner the night prior with yours truly.

If you are interested please give me a jingle.
    Thanks
    Brian
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Clemens View Post
    Thanks for those kind words Mark, greatly appreciated. Those dates 5th to 8th should be prime time with the canoe races going on this year on hoopa rez. It happens ever odd year and just before labor day. The spit opens up and the fish pour in.

To add to this list I have a seat or 2 available on
    Sept 30 to Oct 2
    Price is $550 per person per day $1650 total
    The evening prior festivities are optional but this price covers a vrbo and dinner the night prior with yours truly.

If you are interested please give me a jingle.
    Thanks
    Brian
    Hey, it's all good Brian and it's praise well-deserved. You have developed and nurtured quite the reputation. Yesterday, a buddy of mine dropped by my house. I hadn't seen him since just before my cancer treatments started. Of course, we quickly got to conversation about fishing and he was telling me he read a report about steelies. I asked him what report and he said, "NorCalFlyGuides". I guess the world is large enough to still find a place to fish and still small enough for good guys to recognize other good guys on the river

Hey folks

Just a friendly follow-up.
    Sept 5th-8th is still open for a single seat on an all inclusive guided steelhead trip up north.
    Originally booked on the Lower Klamath however water Temps are to high to ethically fish so our efforts will be moved over to the Trinity as an all inclusive trip.

Any questions feel free to call email text or pm.

Thanks again Mark for those kind works.

Tight lines everyone.
    Brian
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    www.norcalflyguides.com

~ Sue Kreutzer