Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carl Blackledge's daily fishing report from Loreto, Baja 2023

Carl Blackledge's daily fishing report from Loreto, Baja 2023

7/10/2023 - Monday

"Greetings: It seems like today the fishing really has turned the corner. Our friends in another boat got a few Dorado, with one coming in at 42 pounds, and other boats recorded a good haul as well. My boat partner and I went Rooster fishing this morning and he caught a 45-pound beauty on an airhead fly, and a day or two ago he got one close to fifty. About 8 minutes after watching that awesome show today I caught sight of a huge Rooster in the distance navigating toward our boat. All of a sudden I got a grab that just about tore my arm off. I fought it for about 20-25 minutes and when I got it up the boat my guide told me that fish was probably 70 pounds! Tomorrow the wind is supposed to calm down so we'll be looking for another good day. Airhead flies are working great. At the end of my trip I'll post pictures as I always do.
    Carl Blackledge"
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Here is a link to a new hotel in Loreto that Carl Blackledge will be using in the future.

http://thebajatriangle.com/
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill,

Thanks buddy for posting that link. This new place is brand new with full kitchens, and two large beds, ice box and freezer, blinder and outdoor shower for cleaning the rods..and get this, it's $80 per night and I can cook my own breakfast, which saves me another $20 per day....and the new place is 1/2 block from the marina...we left the Oasis hotel before it fell down-and the Oasis has film of a bum stealing my shoes and wouldn't pay me back for my new shoes and the hotel is full of rot and decay, bye bye Oasis, never again.

Carl Blackledge