Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what is the right boat for me?

With a raft or drift boat you have to row, pretty much down stream and need a shuttle daily.

Great for trout and Steelhead.

With a jet boat you can fish the American, Yuba, Feather, Sacramento, Klamath, and Rogue Rivers and no shuttles.

Good for trout, Stripers, salmon, Steelhead and Smallmouth bass.

A skiff with a propeller outboard is good for deep rivers, lakes, inshore SW, Bays and the Delta.

Good for Trout, Bass, Stripers, Salmon, halibut, crabbing, claiming, etc.

They say to get a boat for what you do most of the time.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Well just to put a bow on this thread I put a deposit on a lightly used Clacka Eddy today. We will see how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    Well just to put a bow on this thread I put a deposit on a lightly used Clacka Eddy today. We will see how it goes!
    Congratulations PV! It's a pretty cool experience floating down a river, you're going to love it! Being in the rower's seat is definitely one of my happy places!!! Sometimes my buddy and I fight over whose turn it is to row not whose turn it is to fish!

Enjoy and be safe. Moving water is no joke!

Jay

Thanks. We will be starting slow and smart, I’m taking two lessons this summer and my wife is going to a ladies rowing group class. It’s not our first rodeo but we have more to learn, then again so do the experts Im sure!

Congrats on the boat. It should work well for your needs. You will love having more freedom to fish when and where you want. Let me know if you need any help or pointers.

P.S. too bad we didn't connect in ID. We had decent to good fishing but some of the smaller waters were still too high.

Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
    Congrats on the boat. It should work well for your needs. You will love having more freedom to fish when and where you want. Let me know if you need any help or pointers.

P.S. too bad we didn't connect in ID. We had decent to good fishing but some of the smaller waters were still too high.
    Thanks for your note. Yes, it’s a bummer it didn’t work out to meet up. The small waters have made some progress the last 10 days but are still high. We fished one today and did “ok” but it was far from electric. We will try a different one tomorrow that should have a better flow profile given the topography.