I am super bummed out.

emotional rant coming, please bear with me:

-edit -
removed much of the post

This was a long post full of lots of details about the situation, but after I typed it all in, I decided this was too public a forum for the amount of info I was unloading to it. So I am gonna delete most of the post and just give you guys the basics and the emotional rant
-end edit-

I was parked at Hat Creek PH 2 today fishing the riffle and my car got broken into.
They broke a side wing window and stole my pants with wallet and house keys.
Also got a brownish orangeish duffel bag with spare clothes and lots of little stuff in it.
A few extra reels and some fly boxes and lots of miscellaneous crap.

Got my house keys, so since they know my address I have to replace three door locks at my house.

Got a number of other keys to other houses and building but since they have no idea where those houses and buildings are that should not be a big problem.

What really really sucks is they probably just threw the keys away since they have no real value but can I take that chance?

The credit cards are the least problem. Three phone calls and the cards are all cancelled.

They also got my cell phone.

Still trying to figure out what else they got.

At some point in the future I am gonna have to unlock some lock I do not use often (like my boat trailer spare tire)
and find I do not have a key for it.
Hopefully I can find the extras keys for my locks, I think I have spares for most of them.

I know I was dumb to leave my wallet in the car, but I did.

I hate living in a world where you can not leave your car at a fishing access and trust it will be safe.

I had to deal with that when I lived in Sac and fished the American river parkway, but here in the far north state
this kinda thing used to be very very rare.

And I was happily living oblivious to these kinds of problems until today, probably living in a fools paradise, but I liked it there.

The Sheriffs office sent an officer out to examine the car and take a report, unlikely much will come of it, but they know and will keep an eye out for my stuff. I understand that in the larger cities the police don't even bother coming out when you have a simple car break in and theft. Deputy was nice enough not to point out I was an idiot for leaving that much stuff in my car.

P.S. fishing at the riffle was kinda slow, but it was a short day cause we left when we found the car problem at lunch.
Got two fish on a 16 yellow skinny humpy and my fishing buddy got a few on a blowtorch euro-nymph