Thread: 2023 Northern California Summer Fishing Report

Default 2023 Northern California Summer Fishing Report

Hello Fellow Anglers

Hot of you press, your NCFG Summer fishing report for Northern California.

Hope you are able to get out and get bent. We look forward to seeing you on the water soon.
    Fish On!
    Brian and the NCFG crew

https://norcalflyguides.blogspot.com...eport.html?m=1
    Last edited by Brian Clemens; 06-05-2023 at 06:20 AM.
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    norcalflyguides@gmail.com
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

Brian, Thanks for sharing this.

Any idea why the steelhead are in? Are these late bluebacks? Did something get "fouled up" due to the high flows? Or maybe they're always there this time of year and I was never paying attention...

Thanks.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

You are welcome.

Well we have the bluebacks which are our springers and they stick around all summer long as long as water conditions are good, meaning cold. For the summer run, when we have higher than normal water we get a great run of summer run steelhead. On below average water years they have a tough time getting over the live oak weir so we don't get to see them on the Feather. The AR gets springers and when conditions are ripe some summer run too. Steelhead are in our systems year round, just have to know where to look.
    I personally target and guide for steelhead year round, some years are better than others, but again, if you know where to look, what to use you will find some willing chrome. Its all about time on the water and I chase chrome year round. I've dedicated many hours that have added up to days which added up to years targeting these mysterious creatures and it doesn't matter if it's June July or January, this is where you can find me, then in turn sharing it with others.
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

I can vouch for Brian finding the steelhead whenever I go out with him. He is a wealth of knowledge.

Thank you Tim, greatly appreciated. Looking forward to our trip end of July.
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    www.norcalflyguides.com

~ Sue Kreutzer