There's a lot of good information in these posts below. Steelie hit it right on when he said about "with the high water you have to keep moving and don't always count on favorite spots". That's really the truth everywhere and not just the American.

Those stripers are schooling fish and they travel and move a lot all the time. Sometimes you can count on certain places to be productive, but NOT ALWAYS.

Wednesday I fished one of my favorite spots hard and landed only one small schoolie. One dink striper and that was it. Not even another grab or two to keep me awake.

The same day my buddy Jim and another friend hit a spot several miles downstream and got into them late in the afternoon. Not the usual time to start fishing.

Today Jim and I got an early start and hit several of our usual spots with nothing. Then we'd move and try another spot and still nothing. Then while drifting along a seldom productive wall we found them in fairly shallow water. First one, and then another, and then we'd go back to the top and start our drift over again. And it was a repeat after repeat. Several times we'd get a small grab and we'd pause without moving the fly and then a second grab moments later would come and get the hook-up.

Not sure if it was the same fish that hit the fly or one of several fish in the group. It didn't matter, we were getting grabs after grab in a place that we don't fish often. Along with four doubles we took 17 nice stripers this morning.

Then it was like JohnS and Andy said, about 9:30-10:00 they just quit. We made a couple more passes but they weren't there. Or were they there and the sun just got too bright for them. Whatever the case, they moved.

My other buddy Bill Siler and his friend fished the same general area this morning too and didn't get a single grab.

Go Figure ?

You just have to keep moving till you find them and hope the school stays around long enough for you to have some fun.

We sure did this morning
Tony