Thread: Figured id give you the McCloud report

Default Figured id give you the McCloud report

I was the poster on the previous thread about road closures, figured Id share for you all.

I drove up on Memorial day weekend (Sat) and hiked in from the Dam to Ad Di Na. I got up there around mid afternoon, the road is now closed at the top of the dam. I attempted to walk down only to get yelled at from a distance from a general contractor at the dam, who when I walked over to discuss was told because of the construction on the road was going on, I could not get through. Note, no dam work has started yet, but was told that starts first week of June.

I came back then later in the day, the construction was over, and hiked to Ad Di Na and spend 2 nights dispersed camping there. The campground is closed, but the road is open. I saw 2 other cars that made the trip down. The campground is closed, there are trees down in the campground it needs a cleanup.

The trail from Ash - to Ad Di Na was clear.

I also spend a day fishing the preserve, there was no one at the trailkeeper cabin, and none of the tags were taken. I did not see anyone else fishing anywhere for those two days. There were some trees down on the lower part of that trail, so I did not get down to the far end.

How was the fishing? Not great, but I had that expectation. Flows were 450cfs, the turbidity was worse that I had expected, there were very few spots fishable and maybe the first can see 3-5in in front of their eyes.

On my way out, I was surprised they were still working on the road on memorial day, but I didnt get yelled at, just told to let the construction trucks the right of way on my way out.

Thanks Kutty.....

I am sure many appreciate your scouting and great reporting too.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Yes, thanks for giving us an update. I do appreciate it.