Thanks JohnS.

Every time I was lucky to go out with Andy he always gave me some tips to improve my game.

Andy has mentored lots of people to help them have good skills for better fly fishing results.

Andy is modest, but over the past 30 years on the lower American river, he is one of the top fly fishers.

He started out wading for Half-pounder Steelhead and Shad but soon got an 8 foot pram to cover more water.

Andy started catching Stripers from his pram and I told him back then, "I need pictures to promote this fishing."

Soon I had a wonderful photo of him, his pram and a large Striper.

Andy pioneered floating the American river in a boat and fly fishing for Stripers many years ago.

Next level was buying a nice 14' aluminum John boat from a customer with a new Johnson 4 stroke tiller prop outboard.

Soon he added long oars to it and was able to take someone with him. This was a game-changer.

Eventually, he got a 16' aluminum Jon boat with a tiller jet outboard and long drift boat oars.

Andy has been able to float the entire American river fly fishing for Stripers.

Andy has been able to have a network of American river Striper fly fishers over the years.

He can float the river and point out every spot where someone caught a 30-40 pound Striper on a fly.

Around 10 years ago? Andy, Chuck Campana and Joe Shirshac waded below the River Bend Bridge and caught lots of King salmon.

Andy has fished and guided the American for Stripers, Half-pounders and winter run Steelhead.

Now he is a very good two-handed / Spey fly fisher for Stripers, Half-pounders and winter run Steelhead.

The only person I know who fished the American river as much as Andy was old Joe Shirshac.

Andy and Joe fished the river a lot together in Andy's boat for Stripers.

**Seems like the Stripers over 20 pounds are now few and far between.