Thread: Anyone fish with Marty Lentiny on the Lower America River for Stripers?

Default Anyone fish with Marty Lentiny on the Lower America River for Stripers?

Marty fished on foot with spinning tackle and lures for Stripers on foot.

He was a heavy equipment operator.

He was working around the area in 2005 to 2018.

I met him here in Sebastian, FL.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post
    Marty fished on foot with spinning tackle and lures for Stripers on foot.

He was a heavy equipment operator.

He was working around the area in 2005 to 2018.

I met him here in Sebastian, FL.
    Marty is a good one! Hope he didn’t break your hand with that handshake!

Marty fished on foot with spinning tackle and lures for Stripers on foot. He was a heavy equipment operator. He was working around the area in 2005 to 2018. I met him here in Sebastian, FL.
    Yep, I was for a long spell... a member of the Fish Guru, Cabbage Head, Joe Rivera, Marty Lentiny Posse. I'm grateful to have experienced the best days of AR stripers, from our generation, with these characters. For several years running, we would convene at a famed, 'secret' spot I named, "Hole in the Wall". If we were there early and alone, a 30#-40# (or better) fish or 2 or 3 was almost guaranteed. There were many other places, other members found and named... Marty was from the bay area so only fished some weekends with us but I enjoyed his company. He was a good fisherman and more importantly, a solid dude. Joe is no longer with us. He was a gem of a guy who passed way too soon. He built the custom, wood plugs that the rest of us tested for him and on which we caught hundreds of cow stripers. The other two are also good guys. We all got busy with life and went different ways but I wish them all the best and hope they're still chasing big fish.

I am very fortunate to have met Marty on the water here in Sebastian, FL.

He now lives in Sebastian and was raised around Miami.

Most of the time he fishes with a group of "Commando Anglers" here at the famous Sebastian Inlet.

The inlet is connecting our 150 mile intercoastal waterway to the Atlantic Ocean.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife did a multi-year study of the Snook fisheries at the inlet.

They concluded that within a one mile radius of the inlet there are 65,000 Snook, year round.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marty.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	19042

Here is Marty in my new 15' skiff, way up the South Fork of the Sebastian River where we have Snook, Tarpon and LMB in water that is pretty much fresh water. In the last few years he lost around 50 pounds. He is usually catching 20 to 30 pound Snook, Redfish, Tarpon and Jacks wading at the Inlet.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Contact me for any reason........

I am very fortunate to have met Marty on the water here in Sebastian, FL.
    He now lives in Sebastian and was raised around Miami.
    Most of the time he fishes with a group of "Commando Anglers" here at the famous Sebastian Inlet.
    The inlet is connecting our 150 mile intercoastal waterway to the Atlantic Ocean.
    The Florida Fish and Wildlife did a multi-year study of the Snook fisheries at the inlet.
    They concluded that within a one mile radius of the inlet there are 65,000 Snook, year round.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marty.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	19042
    Here is Marty in my new 15' skiff, way up the South Fork of the Sebastian River where we have Snook, Tarpon and LMB in water that is pretty much fresh water. In the last few years he lost around 50 pounds. He is usually catching 20 to 30 pound Snook, Redfish, Tarpon and Jacks wading at the Inlet.
    That's AWESOME! and it just goes to show that the world of fishing is a small one and that the good guys always seem to find each other on the water pursuing our piscatorial passion...

Marty looks great!

I, too, lost 50# this year but because of radiation and chemotherapy. I found out last September that I had stage 2 and stage 3 throat and neck cancer. 35 radiation treatments and 16 hours of chemoptherapy later... I have managed to beat cancer. My PET scan came back clean. It was pure hell but I think I only missed 1 week of work and less than 2 weeks of fishing. I owe this recovery, in great part... to my many years of 'Commando-Style' fishing
    Last edited by STEELIES/26c3; 05-25-2023 at 05:11 PM.

That's good news STEELIES.

My wife Marilyn had a bout with cancer this past year and was lucky too.

I showed all this about you guys on the Forum to Marty and he was pleased and a little surprised too.

I am learning a lot from Marty because he is one of the best anglers I have met here in Florida.

His favorite thing is fishing evenings, nights and mornings at our famous Sebastian Inlet for Big Snook.

He is out there right now, as we speak, fishing the low light and tides with other "Commandos".

Drone footage of the Atlantic coast and the Sebastian Inlet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25i50ETH4ug

Underwater at the Sebastian Inlet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E20KIR76PQ
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958