Today was carp day. The bass have stopped pulling the bobber down so we made a trip to find some feeding carp that could be caught. We found a bunch of carp but mostly they were uncatchable which is what most carp are. Typically carp you see are either cruising, floating around or feeding in weeds or some other spot you can't get a fly to. All of those are uncatchable unless you are bowfishing. You pretty much need to find one poking around in the mud in shallow water searching for food and land a fly on the bottom within 6 inches of his nose. Even if you are successful in doing that they usually spook or just ignore your fly and don't bite. It can be humbling but if you get enough shots you have a chance to connect. We tried casting from the boat but they could see us easily and would not bite. Walking the shorline was your best chance of getting a fly in front of one without spooking it. They are abundant but the trick is finding the catchable fish. We each got a couple of carp and some good bass that were lurking around schools of threadfin shad. Pretty fun day.

Carp fishing is a long way from trout on dry flies in the mountains and I expect not too many people here care about it but I will post anyway.

I threw in a couple of birds got I got recently. The lesser gold finch and the ash throated flycatcher.