Thread: Truckee Lakes Conditions Question

Default Truckee Lakes Conditions Question

I'm planning to head up to take the maiden voyage in my new inflatable kayak. Any knowledge of snow/ice conditions. Can I get to Prosser Creek Reservoir? Weber Lake? Boca?

Let me know if you have real time info.

Thanks.

Check with Tahoe Fly Fishing Outfitters (530) 541-8208

They guide all those lakes.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    I'm planning to head up to take the maiden voyage in my new inflatable kayak. Any knowledge of snow/ice conditions. Can I get to Prosser Creek Reservoir? Weber Lake? Boca?

Thanks.
    Woodman, here's a little first hand info unfortunately not from the truckee area.
    The day before yesterday I packed my rod,vest and my other fishing toys/tools and headed up towards Carson Pass.
    The west fork of the Carson looks like it'd be a blast for professional whitewater kayakers.
    Hope valley looked to be saturated with an inch or two of standing water from recent snowmelt.
    Only a few cars parked in the usual fishing turn-outs.
    I parked at the snow cannon at Red and had to climb up a 5 foot snowbank to get on top of the dam to see the lake still frozen and a layer of snow on top of the ice. As Eric Cartman would say,"screw you guys... I'm outta' here" and drove down the hill to Indian creek reservoir day use area. There was a few Power Bait fisherpeople at the day use area and no one hooked or landed a fish the whole 2 hours I was there.
    The campgrounds are still gated closed/locked and the lake was free of ice and the dirt road in had zero snow on it.
    It was a nice day for a recon mission though. My thinking is that it's still going to be a few weeks before my spring haunts will be ready to fish.

Dang frozen water............................................

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post

Thanks.
    Call Trout Creek Outfitters

Is Fuller Lake open yet?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS View Post
    Is Fuller Lake open yet?
    Yes, I fished it last week. Only first entrance was open so no access to the launch ramp as of last week.

Don't bother with Tahoe Fly Fishing Outfitters, they are in South Shore and a lot of their North Tahoe/Truckee information is word of mouth. As a current example they claim the Little T: "Flows are abnormally low for this time of year" when in fact it is at or near 1,000 cfs -flooding flows.

Contact https://www.troutcreekoutfitters.com/ in Truckee They'll give you the honest scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS View Post
    Is Fuller Lake open yet?
    Drove by this afternoon. Lower end is open. The upper day use area has a lot of snow for about a 100 yard stretch and the gate is closed. I haven't seem Fuller on the DFG Trout Plans yet...maybe that will happen when they can get into the top.