Thread: Pyramid - Final ladder day....

Default Pyramid - Final ladder day....

Made a late season run to Pyramid yesterday. Windless bay, too warm and shallow, no fish on the strip. Move to Pelican, a little faster drop off, landed two on a midnight cowboy, but it still felt too shallow. Then to Wino, deeper shelf, dragging a weighted white and black streamer through the sand, wind picked up and it "went off", 4 fish in about 90 minutes. Fished from 6-11am. Had all to beaches to myself except for some campers and recreation boaters. Katz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20230521_065118.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	767.5 KB 
ID:	19036   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20230521-120500_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	219.3 KB 
ID:	19037  
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Nice Doc....

What months do you think are best to fish there now?

It has had many changes over the past 50 years.

Years ago they fished it from November through April.

Are they different fish or just different colors?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I am no expert on this lake and I'm sure some other may chime in. In October it is a blast from a pontoon boat stripping in deeper water. All through the winter you can freeze your butt off and strip flies in the first part of the winter and then some indo, midge fishing through the later winter. In March, April the spawn starts and they are all in close to shore but eating less frequently. I think March is many peoples favorite for numbers and not freezing to death. As you can tell, I struggle in the cold . I like to fish for the grab on a stripped fly so I usually do that all year. I think me catching anything from shore in late May is almost unheard of. But this was a weird, cold season so I gave it a try. I have heard you can do very well again from a pontoon boat in June offshore. Never tried it, but if I do I'll report. Katz
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Good stuff thanks for the report