Thread: The Party Crasher

Default The Party Crasher

I found a big school of Threadfin shad today on a rocky point that had a couple of packs of bass and a pack of pike minnows loitering around. It was a real fish party until an unwelcome guest showed up. I threw out my best threadfin shad imitation which was a welcome guest at the party until they figured out it was not the real deal. I was able to get in on the fun for a while but eventually, they all decided I was a bad guy and left. My feelings were hurt but I will get over it. At the end the shad were also gone and I was all alone at the party so I moved on looking for another party to crash. I soon found a little carp party going on and got my fly close enough to one of them that he was able to see it and grab. He and I partied hard for some time until I got him in the net. That was pretty cool. Carp are not easy to get a fly in front of.

Pretty good time out there. The float n fly bite is starting to slow but I might try it once more next week. Canada next month. That should be a pretty serious party. I am bringing all the good flies.

Last edited by John H; 05-09-2023 at 09:14 PM.

Really clear photos and great composition. Thanks for sharing. You can really see details in the fly.