Thread: Maui Time

Default Maui Time

Looking for some recommendations for a sport fishing charter out of Maui, hoping Mems might chime in! My eldest is graduating from HS this month and were are heading to Maui for a week in the middle of June. Another dad and I want to take our sons out for a day of sport fishing. We are staying in Wailea... anyone have any recommendations for a good charter option??? We'd like a private charter.

Jay

Hey Jay, the only boat from Maui I have fished on was the Maui Jim boat but we were fishing in Kona. They have shallow water but the backside of Molokai has great Ono fishing. I would look for a charter out of Lahaina. If you go out of Maalaia they will probably take you past Molokini, cool dive spot.

Sorry, I can’t be of more help.

If you want to go bonefishing call Jon Jon Tabon of "Local Fishing Knowledge".

https://www.localfishingknowledge.com/
    Don Memmer

One thing I forgot, if you want to keep some fish for the dinner table let the captain know beforehand. They generally release most marlin and sell big ahi. They will let you keep some mahi and Ono and small tuna ahi aku etc. They might even cut it for you some bring some zip-lock baggies. An extra tip for that is appreciated.

Good luck, it is good fishing right now.
    Don Memmer

Quote Originally Posted by mems View Post
    One thing I forgot, if you want to keep some fish for the dinner table let bathe captain know before hand. They generally release most marlin and sell big ahi. They will let you keep some mahi and Ono and small tuna ahi aku etc. They might even cut it for you some bring some baggies. An extra tip for that is appreciated. Goood luck it is good fishing right now.

Thank you Mems. Appreciate the tips!

Aloha!