Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning Out My Closets

Default Cleaning Out My Closets

I'm startling to clean out my closets and a bunch of DVD's. Yes, I'm sure you remember those items. Well, I came across 15 DVD's that I recorded of Kevin Doran aka KD tying up his KMD Rat Fly. Instead of throwing them out, I'm reaching out to you folks on this board and seeing if any of you would like a copy.
    All you have to do is send me a PM with your name, address, city where you live and I will send one out.
    Stay tuned I might have a few fly fishing related items for sale, like fly lines, fly tying materials, rods and reels.
    Thanks
    Jay
    Jay Murakoshi

Hi Jay,
    I'd like a copy of the KD rat DVD.
    Sent you a PM.
    Steve

Very kind of you Jay, one of my favorite patterns for the delta but have never attempted to tie....looking forward to purchasing from you again, always good gear...PM sent, THANKS

Seems like the term "Cleaning Out My Closet" has gotten to a lot of us. Dan and Bill included.
    I know I'm getting old and there are some things that are just sitting around not getting used like they used to. Yes, the will is still there but we are all slowing down. And there's too many good things in those closets that should be put to use by younger folks on our board.
    And yes, I need to clean my closet too. Rods and reels that I haven't used in years, or 12 wts' that have just gotten to be too heavy for these old shoulders and joints.

I wonder too who will get these treasures I've hoarded for so long when I'm gone? Will my wife simply put them in a garage sale for pennies on the dollar, or worse donate it all to Goodwill. Uugh. What sad thoughts.

Perhaps cleaning out our closets IS the right thing to do before we get too old to even do that.
    Getting old sucks.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Hey at 76, I'm happy I'm still up and going. Not sure how many more years I can pull on those big roosters or yellow fin in Baja. I've been putting off a complete shoulder replacement for 10+ years. Went in yesterday for pre-exam for cataract surgery scheduled for Wednesday this week. Hopefully I'll see more clearly and can drive at night.
    Trying to decided if I'm going to sell all my big rods and reels.. I have a lot of customers at the store who want/are getting into fly fishing and some have even thought about going down to Baja. I would like to take a couple more trips to Aitutaki, NZ and Australia before I call it quits. Fly tying??? I have A LOT of stuff (50+years) of materials. I'm slowly giving a lot of it away, items like my Hoffman necks and saddles, Metz micro saddles, hooks, dubbing, etc. I'm still tying up a lot of saltwater patterns for a few outfitters so most to that I'm hanging on to. We'll see how much of a difference it makes after the cataract surgery.
    Jay Murakoshi

Tony,

I asked my wife the other day that if I died, would she be letting some other asshole use my fishing gear, She looked down her nose and said: what makes you think I would merry another asshole?

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Blackledge View Post
    Tony,

I asked my wife the other day that if I died, would she be letting some other asshole use my fishing gear, She looked down her nose and said: what makes you think I would merry another asshole?

Carl
    That is a great lady right there!!!
    Lance Gray
    Fly Guide
    530-517-2204
    http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com

Hey Carl
    Its nice to have a wife with a sense of humor that made me laugh out loud.
    Jim

Opened my mail box this morning and there it was the KDM Rat DVD! As always true to his word Mr. Jay got it done...thanks Jay.

I wish you all many more years of fishing adventure, I am finally retiring after the first of the year but at 64 I feel time is not to be wasted, Baja is high my list....

Thanks Again

Thanks for the DVD Jay. It was really cool listening to KD again talking about tying in his meticulous way. Nice camera work by the way……………..Dan