Thread: TPL Pram

Default TPL Pram

Does anyone happen to know the width of an 8' TPL pram. Just wondering if it would fit in the bed of my 2028 Tacoma. Angled in
    TIA
    Jay
    Jay Murakoshi

When I sold my 8 foot TPL Jay, I listed it as 48 inches wide. I don't recall how much rounding was involved as I don't have a copy of my original notes and I do not recall if I measured it at the top of the gunnels (probably) or on the hull bottom. Wish I had. I seem to recall weighing it without the plank seat and it was 72lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RoosterHunter View Post
    Does anyone happen to know the width of an 8' TPL pram. Just wondering if it would fit in the bed of my 2028 Tacoma. Angled in
    TIA
    Jay
    The TPL pram is really heavy. You will probably need to devise a ramp system to slide it in and out of your pickup. It should fit in the back of your pickup. Weight is going to be the bigger factor.
    "Radiate, radiate, radiate far and wide as the lines of latitude and longitude on a globe."
    - John Muir

I've had three TPL prams in the past. I remember them weighing around 60lb. What I did with mine was cut out the front and rear air tanks and cut the bench out. Made my own bench out of a 2"x6" redwood plank. placed a couple 1"x2' underneath and made the seat adjustable to where it felt comfortable rowing. The foam in the from and rest tanks were completely disintegrated. I just cut out the top of each one, made a great storage place for equipment and in the rear for the battery.
    I plan on getting another Harbour Freight trailer, the 8' one that folds in half. Or it I can find a used motorcycle trailer or better yet a used jet ski trailer.
    Jay Murakoshi