Short version - it ain't gonna happen this summer.
So we have been waiting for two years now for them to fix the road onto Ash Camp.
Last report was that they were gonna fix it last fall with the intent of having done by Jan 2023
It appears it did not happen. Report from a friend who went over there recently is that the barrier is still in place.
(and the fishing was slow)
But even if it had been repaired we are still out of luck.
Info from the Forest Service in Mt Shasta says:
"PG&E will be conducting repairs on the McCloud Dam starting this May and will have the road blocked for access right after the turnoff for Ah-Di-Na. It sounds like the road will be closed for access through December at least. This will cutoff access to Ash Camp on the McCloud River."
So it looks like no access at all this summer, even worse than before because now we can not even walk to get to it.
You may be able to get there by going the long way around
(coming in from the Pit river side via Iron Canyon lake)
which might be kinda cool since it will keep the crowds down but for us locals it sure makes it a lot longer drive and there is no benefit over going to Ah-Di-Na.
The road around McCloud lake to the barrier is now ice free out so there may be a short window between now and whenever in May PG&E closes the road to get a little fishing in.
all the prior info is to the best of my knowledge but is based on some second and third hand info. No promises about accuracy are offered.