Thread: Annual May Eastern Nevada Stillwater fly fishing adventure with ROB ANDERSON

Default Annual May Eastern Nevada Stillwater fly fishing adventure with ROB ANDERSON

Annual May Eastern Nevada Stillwater fly fishing adventure

Posted by ROB ANDERSON on 2023-04-01 10:44:13

Hey folks, Rob Anderson here.
    Every year for the last 10 years I have been making the trip East to the other side of Nevada. This area is very underrated for its amazing stillwater fishing. Numerous incredible fisheries are scattered around this part of the state.

May 23-25, 2023 we will be holding our annual 2 1/2 day outing. This is a camping float tube experience that is our most fun trip of the year in my opinion. We eat, fish, laugh and share stories on the banks of one of these incredible fisheries.

The cost is $295 and includes 4 meals and two days fishing with us. Call me for more information. This is a really fun trip in the middle of nowhere.

https://www.pyramidlakeflyfishing.co...er-outings/May Eastern Nevada fishing adventure
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I would highly recommend going with Rob on this trip to learn some cutting-edge Stillwater trout fly fishing techniques.

__________________________________________________ _________

In the 1970s we were introduced to the central Oregon lakes by our old Cortland Line Rep, Joe Patterson.

We fished fantastic lakes like Crane Prairie, Wickiup, Davis, and Hosmer.

After that my fishing partner Mel Jeffs and I went to eastern Nevada to fish another bunch of famous fly fishing lakes in the 1980s.

From customers, over the years, we heard about reservoirs like Wilson, Wildhorse, Sheep Creek, Bull Run, Jiggs/Zunino, and the Ruby Marsh.

Since then there are a few newer reservoirs over there as well like the South Fork Reservoir.

Up in northeast California, Modoc County, there are some desert lakes that dry up during the drought cycles.

Some are the "alphabet" lakes.

As soon as it starts to rain again the DF&W puts some trout in them and "wallah", they are full of fat trout.

All these lakes have some commonalities like being shallow and weedy with lots of aquatic life.

Some are creek and/or spring feed too.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

These Eastern Nevada lakes are on my radar, but haven't gotten out there yet.

Rob's trip is worth it for a first timer. Did it a couple of years ago and it was a lot of fun. Lots of fish.