Thread: Baja report

Default Baja report

Hey guys,

I just called my guide to get the low down on the current conditions in Loreto. He claims there are already sardines in the harbor and the many little coves that surround Loreto He also told me there were lots of roosters already. His friend went out to the regular spots and caught 13 medium sized roosters, however I not sure if that was with bait or on the fly. That report sure got me jacked up to perhaps go down around the first of May for a week just to chase the roosters

PS we still have a few openings

Carl Blackledge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CarlR1.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	18941   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rooster 3.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	18942   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rooster 1.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	18943  
    Last edited by Carl Blackledge; 03-29-2023 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks Carl, good luck if you go. I will be in La Ventana May 8th, should be fun.
    Don Memmer

Mems,

I'll be in Loreto smacking the roosters and dorado, and I might go down in May just to nail the roosters, It will be fun

Carl Blackledge

Mems,
    you'll be there may 8th, I cancelled my week. Are you fishing the la Ventana area.
    they are getting some good size yellow tail alone with dorado right now. A few roosters and a yellow tail to throw into the pot
    I'm going thru some testing at the VA hospital checking out the Agent Orange contamination. Nothing serious, I hope. The main thing is my asthma that I've had since I was 25. Got out of the military at age 22 and found out that I had asthma. It was tough swimming after the surf board, even harder playing baseball. Then all of a sudden it's discovered that AO is a cause for asthma. They are going to run test and check for any signs of minor cancer.
    Hey, I'm doing OK and plan on living for a while longer. Gotta keep up with Bill
    Last edited by RoosterHunter; 03-29-2023 at 07:20 PM.
    Jay Murakoshi

Hey Jay hope you get better, bummer about your health. Hope it wasn’t agent orange. Too bad you won’t be there. Looking forward to chasing roosters again. I will post pictures when I get back.
    Don Memmer

So far nothing bad. I'm doing it for prevention. There's too many fish to catch and more places I want to fish before I turn to ashes. I'm thinking about a trip to the islands for a little bone fishing and looking back into my childhood growing up on Oahu. When I was there on the stopover trip to Australia, it was great to walk down Waikiki but kinda sad not to see what I remember as a kid surfing Waikiki and Ala moana yacht harbour. I would also go see the north shore where I use to surf.
    Maybe one of thes days, I'll take the plunge. Hell, I have 200,000 air miles on Hawaiian Airlines to use up
    Later
    Jay
    Jay Murakoshi

Jay,
    You just struck a little nerve about getting old and seeing things that aren't like they were when you were growing up. Boy, I can relate to that.
    I grew up in Sacramento and around the American river, and now talk about change. Geez. I keep telling myself about the only good things we can hang on to are memories.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Tony,
    I hear ya
    Jay Murakoshi