Thread: Bobber Down!

Default Bobber Down!

The bobber is starting to go down. The water is dirty and a little cold but the bass think it is go time and are getting on the shoreline which is what you need to do some successful bobber fishing for bass. It seems like the smallmouth are coming to the shoreline first but as the water warms the spots will show up and outnumber the smallmouth. Largemouth don't seem to like the bobber so I don't think many of those will be caught but hopefully a few. The size is good and they are fat and pulling hard. Hopefully the water will clear a little or at least not turn into chocolate milk like the Delta. Given the state of the Delta I expect I will be fishing the reservoirs a lot in the next couple of months.

Last edited by John H; 03-20-2023 at 08:07 PM.

Looks like a hoot John. Is that a type 4 on that one rod? We used to like dragging a dark rabbit tailed popper down the shore slope with that too.
    ....lee s.

That is a T14 line I use for stripers. I took it with me in case the bobber was not going down. I have found bait balls a couple of times and a stripped clouser worked for bass that were lurking nearby.