Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Boat Recommendations for Lower A, Yuba and Lower Sac?

Let me know if you need someone to row, I'm good on the sticks.

Will do!
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

I know water hasn't been great, but how has the boat treated you? Any good trips that you've taken to christen the boat?

Fivefingers, glad you asked! I just picked it up in Carbondale, CO (along the Roarking Fork) Saturday, but haven't taken it out yet. See attached photo. You can see it's a low side boat, so I want to be cautious about jumping into it with no practice or lessons (which someone has offered). Unfortunately, because our arrival in CO was late, and we were on such a tight schedule to return by end of Sunday (15 hours each way), we were not able to take it for a test drive. First use may come in fishing shad -- will see, and will post how it goes.

Because of the lightweight nature of the material, and the design of the boat, it only drafts 4"-6" and does not sink (the actual polymer material, like wood, floats). This apparently makes it easier to row.

The boat does show some signs of wear, but no problems. It's 2 years old and was Boulder Boat Works' demo during that time. He's selling it because they have a new model coming, with the biggest change being the "shelves" on the sides of the boat -- they're now flat with no dividers to separate rods.

The material comes in 1/2" sheets like plywood. They cut it and can actually weld pieces together using the exact same material (placed into a welding gun). Front and back seats have a Yeti. I'll post a more aerial view when I get the chance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boat.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	19026
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

I’m very curious to your feedback on this boat. It’s one I’m also considering but the price point is savage.