Thread: Scott G906 Custom Build

Default Scott G906 Custom Build

This rod was custom-built for me back in the eighties using a Scott G906 blank. It is a two-piece, six-weight rod with the internal ferrule and un-sanded graphite blank that Scott is known for.

The grip is oversize, with eight inches of cork, to accommodate a larger hand, and the reel seat is, I believe, walnut.

Scott replaced the tip section and the male ferrule spigot a while back, and there is a minor mismatch in the color of the thread wraps where the butt section joins the tip section. Purely cosmetic, and, other than that, the rod is in remarkably good condition, considering its age. Wraps and guides and all good. A few minor surface scrapes on the butt section, but no nicks that would compromise the integrity of the rod.

I would classify the action on this rod as slow. A great stick for chucking streamers and that’s primarily what I’ve used it for.

I don’t have an aluminum tube for the rod. But I do have a sturdy PVC tube with a cloth sock that works well for storage.

Anyone heading north to do some fishing is welcome to look at the rod. I live in Redding.

Asking $150.00, plus $40.00 for USPS shipping (CONUS) and insurance. PayPal, or cash and pickup. Thanks.
    "Radiate, radiate, radiate far and wide as the lines of latitude and longitude on a globe."
    - John Muir

That is a Powell Rod Company type reel seat........they are good.

Freight is getting crazy now.

It would be fun to use with big dries like adult stoneflies and hoppers with a Hardy Princess fly reel.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........