Thread: The Fly Fishing Show in Pleasanton, CA

Default The Fly Fishing Show in Pleasanton, CA

This coming weekend The Fly Fishing Show is back at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton, CA.

I will be attending all 3 days of the show. After a long absence from the fly-tying theater, I will be doing a presentation on Saturday at 11:00 am, the first one out of the chute. The name of my presentation is called "Flies for Saltwater Predators". I will be showing and tying up a few of my patterns that I have had success over the past few decades fishing in Baja. Flies, such as the Wiggy Airhead, Wiggy Baitfish, etc. I will also show you some billfish flies tied on tubes that the late Bill Howe tied up for me. They are PRETTY.

I will also be in tyers row (next to my friend Bill Blackstone) demonstrating the tying steps for my patterns using the Kanekalon wig hair, also tying with Bonnie Craft Cord. A great substitute for other synthetics on the market. Also, I will have some of my patterns for sale.

Hope to see you there AND dress warm, it's showing Pleasanton weather to be a bit on the chilly side

Jay Murakoshi
    Jay Murakoshi

Fantastic news Jay! Guys get out there and support this show if you can!
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com

I attended Friday and Sunday. There were definitely more people there this year but fewer booths; No Fly Shop, Galvan, Orvis, Patagonia, Lamson etc. and it seemed fewer lodges too. No Clearwater Lodge which was especially sad. I always booked my summer trip at the show.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy new fly fishing gear and that usually does the trick.

We did Saturday. We of course, thoroughly enjoyed what was there and did book a local trip. It is so sad to see what we have allowed to happen in the name of "covid". Shame on anyone who stayed away because your panties are still full of the fear. What a chore it must be for the organizers to give us any show at all. Thanks and support be to those who DID attend.
    ....lee s.