Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ISE show; No FF theater?

Default ISE show; No FF theater?

I don't see a FF theater in the online info for ISE. Am I just missing it, or did it go away?

Default ISE FF Theater??

Not sure about a "FF Theater" but Jay Murakoshi is attending as a demo fly tyer if that's any indication.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

What I heard was the building where the fly fishing stuff usually is housed is closed for repair so all the fly fishing stuff is in the building with all the other fishing stuff

That’s correct -they have moved us (tyers) to the Pavilion, which I believe is where other fishing and boat displays are.

But back to the original post, it does not look like there are any fly fishing presentations like there usually are.

Woodman; thank you for the clarification. I will pass this year with no FF presentations.

John at ISE informed me that Fly Fishing Specialties rented that space where the Fly Fishing Theater is usually held.

I would be interested to see how the FF traffic numbers held up without any presentations. I for one did not care to spend that much money without FF related presentations. It's hard to believe the rental income offset the traffic loss, especially sisnce last year there was lots of empty booth space.

There wasn't a fly fishing theater or a casting pond. There were empty buildings, moved the food court and the big tent that's attached to Bldg C was empty and off limits. I read a sign taped on the door stating "Condemned by the fire marshal. I understand this is where the housed the homeless for a while.
    Jay Murakoshi

I'm not sorry I missed it. From the exhibitor list it doesn't even look like Dave Scadden was there selling a dozen newly designed rafts.