Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AR Flows

Another problem is steelhead spawning over what are now spawning beds but will be high and dry when flows go back below 5000 cfs, as happens in every high flow year.

I haven’t read the link yet - are they saying they will hold more water back in Folsom earlier? The 25k+ flows took the lake from 650k acre feet back down to 400k, where I believe it was yesterday, so I assume they are still using the old lake level regime?

Quote Originally Posted by hwchubb View Post
    Another problem is steelhead spawning over what are now spawning beds but will be high and dry when flows go back below 5000 cfs, as happens in every high flow year.

I haven’t read the link yet - are they saying they will hold more water back in Folsom earlier? The 25k+ flows took the lake from 650k acre feet back down to 400k, where I believe it was yesterday, so I assume they are still using the old lake level regime?
    I don't know s from s about water management but, maybe they are keeping it lower because we know more rain and snow are on the way. Hell, the snow pack is the largest it's been in the last 20 years and it's going to keep growing for he next week at least. God forbid we get a sudden warming trend followed by a "pineapple express". Remember 1986?

Quote Originally Posted by BumpBailey View Post
    I don't know s from s about water management but, maybe they are keeping it lower because we know more rain and snow are on the way. Hell, the snow pack is the largest it's been in the last 20 years and it's going to keep growing for he next week at least. God forbid we get a sudden warming trend followed by a "pineapple express". Remember 1986?
    I know all about this S yooo. haha! Build more homes...!
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink!

Flows now down near 7,000, may be “fishable” next weekend?

Forecast is for the EPAC ridge to reestabliah itself so hopefully lake can start filling, lower outflow.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

Quote Originally Posted by winxp_man View Post
    I know all about this S yooo. haha! Build more homes...!
    I've seen plenty of your hit and run comments to understand that you don't know know much about anything. What are you actually trying to say here Aaron? Why don't you form an actual literate sentence and try to make an actual point for once.

Any thoughts on when the river will be fishable again? I suppose it's fishable now at 7500 CFS, but does anyone know the flow forecast? Folsom seems to filling up fast now that the outflow was cut back.

Could it be an epic steelhead year, or were the rains too late to make a difference?
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

I've seen plenty of your hit and run comments to understand that you don't know know much about anything. What are you actually trying to say here Aaron? Why don't you form an actual literate sentence and try to make an actual point for once.
    I know more than you would know. Point was simple if you would have read my post. I simply sad I know all about the shit you post. And made a sarcastic comment towards California issues. And simply said build more homes cause that will fix the issue here. If that’s hard to understand then what can I say you do you. But since 2012 this gall damn state has only been adding more homes!!! All the while crying about water. Oh to top it off sending the farmers down south in the deserts. Doesn’t take a genius to understand basic math. Something politicians on all sides don’t know shit about It would seem. Or just don’t care to understand cause it’s all about the dollar. Simple enough?
    Aron-

Quote Originally Posted by winxp_man View Post
    I know more than you would know. Point was simple if you would have read my post. I simply sad I know all about the shit you post. And made a sarcastic comment towards California issues. And simply said build more homes cause that will fix the issue here. If thatÂ’s hard to understand then what can I say you do you. But since 2012 this gall damn state has only been adding more homes!!! All the while crying about water. Oh to top it off sending the farmers down south in the deserts. DoesnÂ’t take a genius to understand basic math. Something politicians on all sides donÂ’t know shit about It would seem. Or just donÂ’t care to understand cause itÂ’s all about the dollar. Simple enough?
    When you figure how to stop people from breeding get back to me genius! People need houses and farmers need to grow food for said people. Figuring out ways to keep more water when it's possible and still protect urban areas from flooding is kinda necessary! And about damn time the archaic management system of fixed levels gets reassessed and maybe adjusted. Hopefully Aaron, you are the shining example for us all and have chosen to blaze the path of celibacy to stop this mad population growth! Preach to us some more with your "trust me" facts! Please!

I was out on the American a couple of days ago. Only about a foot of vis. As for a chart to see a schedule flow. Dream Flows maybe helpful. As far as being more fishable, I would say another week if flows go down more. Hope this helps with your question. Good luck out there.

When you figure how to stop people from breeding get back to me genius! People need houses and farmers need to grow food for said people. Figuring out ways to keep more water when it's possible and still protect urban areas from flooding is kinda necessary! And about damn time the archaic management system of fixed levels gets reassessed and maybe adjusted. Hopefully Aaron, you are the shining example for us all and have chosen to blaze the path of celibacy to stop this mad population growth! Preach to us some more with your "trust me" facts! Please!
    So its not about money is it? Because you know big international investors just want to give Americans the "American Dream?" HAHA! Joking? Are you a life is fair type of guy so build homes for everyone? Because if you are.... Let me say this as a little disappointment.... Life is NOT fair. And if you cant find a home because you want to move to Cali tough luck. You do not have a right to demand more homes to be built just because you want to move to a place. But hey lets keep building more homes. Because we have all the water in the world and keep sending more farms into the CA deserts.

As to figuring things out..... Dont come out there advocating that because there are more people we should be okay with building more homes. But after all the homes are built, only then figuring out how to hold more water or capture more water. This is as ludicrous as saying lets get ride of all gas/diesel driven vehicles. Only to not have a back up plan, and a jacked up grid system that in no way can sustain EV for all drivers in this state. It would be nice if we live in reality and not a unicorn utopian world haha!
    Last edited by winxp_man; 01-19-2023 at 12:33 PM.
    Aron-