Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AR Flows

Quote Originally Posted by Troutsource View Post
    Any thoughts on when the river will be fishable again? I suppose it's fishable now at 7500 CFS, but does anyone know the flow forecast? Folsom seems to filling up fast now that the outflow was cut back.

Could it be an epic steelhead year, or were the rains too late to make a difference?
    Flows going back up. At 10k + as we speak. Also if you want to fish as Smitty said about 12” + - of viz. Now if they are up? Yup they’re in the system. Hard to say how many being fishing isn’t really possible. Well for bait and smell based sprays can make it happen for gear guys. For flys and no scent based stuff good luck.
    Last edited by winxp_man; 01-20-2023 at 08:56 AM.
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Smitty Fish & Aaron, Thanks for the intel. I haven't fished in over a month. Going crazy.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

Also related to the high flows, I wonder if any of the lunker state-record-sized rainbows spilled into the river from Lake Natoma. That would be something catching one of those bad boys. I hear they gorge themselves off of crayfish and minnows up in the canyon. Plenty of both of them in the river, too.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

Wouldn’t be surprised! They do get big up there!
    Aron-

I walked around upper sunrise Saturday 21, of course the water is murky but fishable. Stay out of the river! Except in a boat. Drift boats are working it. Still has the dead salmon stinch. Saw some large fish a jumping for what ever reason. A few combat rows. I didn’t see any hookups in the couple hours I was stomping around. Nice weather.
    Last edited by cmcdhuibh; 01-22-2023 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutsource View Post
    Also related to the high flows, I wonder if any of the lunker state-record-sized rainbows spilled into the river from Lake Natoma. That would be something catching one of those bad boys. I hear they gorge themselves off of crayfish and minnows up in the canyon. Plenty of both of them in the river, too.
    I think it’s been close to 20 years since they quit stocking rainbows in Natoma. May be a few that wash over from Folsom, but there isn’t really much of a trout fishery in Natoma anymore.

Has the high waters on the American river moved out the homeless that lived along the banks.
    Jay Murakoshi

Quote Originally Posted by RoosterHunter View Post
    Has the high waters on the American river moved out the homeless that lived along the banks.
    The parkway kicked out everyone and closed parks to homeless. Saw a post from ARiver parkway IG I follow. What has happened in the lower section near richards blvd I can’t say.
    Aron-

Cleaned up richards area, highwater cleared out steelhead creek along garden hyway. Roseville rd is at the worst I’ve seen it along the golf course.

Quote Originally Posted by winxp_man View Post
    The parkway kicked out everyone and closed parks to homeless. Saw a post from ARiver parkway IG I follow. What has happened in the lower section near richards blvd I can’t say.
    And they landed way too close to my house... smh