I got a couple stripers today and lost one. One was six pounds which is a good fish. The last two years December striper fishing was not happening at all but this year it seems like there are enough biters around to make a kayak trip worth doing. The water was a little muddy today which I think was from some ditch runoff that was pumped in. I did find some clear water and that is where the bites were. I have found when it is muddy and the visibility is a foot or so the bites don't happen. The rain we have coming will probably end the fishing for a week or so. Hopefully after that I will be able to scratch out some bites in January and maybe even find a bruiser. Some steelhead fishing could happen in late January. One good winter fish on the swing this year would make me pretty happy but if it does not happen I will not be suprised. We will see. We are a couple of months away from some float n fly bass fishing. I am getting excited about that. Last I checked Oroville was 276' below full. That is a lot of water. Hopefully it will come up a bit and the spotted bass will be fat and grabby.