Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new rod and re-assessing my abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by coltss View Post
    Thats a good looking rod, looks to me that you still have it. Miss you out at the P, been fishing a few times this season with Carmen and we often talk about you and how you helped me out with casting using my first switch rod which I love thanks to you. I never could get the casting down as well as you. Hopefully see you on the big pond sometime in the near future, take care BP.
    Bob, what a nice post.
    Not to worry, I've vowed to make it back out to the big pond soon............ cause there's dang cutthroats that need to be caught!!!
    Must go fishing somewhere soon for dang cutthroats
    Hopefully you and Carmen left a couple of fish for me to catch!!!!!
    I Just came in from being outside tonight shoveling snow. The better half has to work @4:00 a.m. and I didn't want her to try and navigate around the ice patches in the dark. We've dealt with enough medical "THINGS" recently so as they say, "An ounce of prevention....................".
    Save my place on the shore at the lake, I'll be there soon,

Bob
    A little down but nothing that a couple of "larger than rats" couldn't/wouldn't cure!!!

You guys sound like a couple of old farts crying in your beer. I had one of those strokes almost twenty years ago while shoveling snow and had to drive into Truckee at night and get checked out. Next day it was a white-out and I had to drive to Roseville Kaiser to get help. They found it right away and said it was a "blockage" about the size of a BB. And, thank God it wasn't a rupture. I'd be looking at the roots instead of the grass. Nah, , Just havin" fun with ya.

Let us know when Red Lake gets going. I used to hunt that Carson Pass / Red Lake area a lot years past. Love to meet up with you and Darian and see if we can keep our balance on that dam.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    BS,.... Certainly sounds like a good idea to me. I've wondered about doing the same thing at several lakes. Probably some reason why it (casting a 2 hander from a ladder) shouldn't be done due to locals but, what the heck....

I've fished Red Lake for many years after the ice is partially gone and noticed the Redside Minnows in the shallows sunning themselves. Do you have a favorite pattern??
    For Red Lake <15 feet deep Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0435.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	288.3 KB 
ID:	18655
    For Lake Tahoe>20 feet deep Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0430.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	265.6 KB 
ID:	18656

Darian,

I don't know if this will be "my favorite Redside minnow pattern" but the thin one I'll try out at Red lake and the snubbed nosed lead eyed heavy one I'll give a try in Lake Tahoe. Hoprefully, It'll create a big Mac Attack for me !!!
    I've done a bit of reading about Lake Tahoe and the greatest population of fish is the Lahontan Redside Shiner. As far as I'm concerned , the lahontan Redside minnow is on the top of the list for "big fish food" in Lake Tahoe.
    Last edited by BS; 12-23-2022 at 09:38 PM. Reason: to correct grammar, punctuation and to add pictures