Thread: Steelhead fly?

Default Steelhead fly?

Hey folks

Need some help here finding a fly.

Trying to figure out where I purchased this steelhead fly. Of course it's been working well for me and can't seem to find it anywhere or with my usual companies. Don't know if I bought it from a shop or online, but I know my usual fly companies don't carry it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thank you in advance
    Merry Christmas to you all
    Brian

PS, winter steelhead fishing has been spectacular. We are swinging up 3-6 fish a day, haven't had to many nymphing trips up north this season which is pretty sweet, but those that are nymphing are doing pretty good too.

If you are looking to get out with me between now and Shad season I don't have many prime dates remaining, this includes dates for the Shad season.

Winter Steelhead are here, get out and get bent.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    norcalflyguides@gmail.com
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

Looks like a Silvenator. Tied on a tube.

I will check around........
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Smitty

That's what I thought too. So I looked it up. It's close but the fly pictured has a dubbing ball on the trailing hook and the fake jungle cock which makes this fly very unique and extremely effective. For you tiers out there, great possibilities when tying this fly. Cone colors, bunny hair color, dubbing ball color, the tube body color just to name a few.

To add to my post, I only bought 6, so it was either a shop, online store or there is a fly company that I buy from that allows me to buy 6 but it wasn't them.

Thanks for posting smithy, greatly appreciated.

Thank you Bill
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

https://www.tridentflyfishing.com/2s...RoC9mYQAvD_BwE

google image search is your friend...

Bdawg

Yes I know it's my friend and I've been searching on the googlewebs for it as much as I can between guiding and being up north were the cell and internet service sucks. Was without power all day Saturday from the storm. Went into town yesterday and was blown up with 23 texts and 5 voice-mails, oldest vm was 5 days ago. So it's a bit spotty at best.

With that being said, thank you for looking and finding it. Being that I only ordered 6, didn't think it was an Umpqua fly. The one company I didn't check with. Again thank you for taking the time to look.

Glad we have a forum like this to help each other out.
    Last edited by Brian Clemens; 12-12-2022 at 08:50 AM.
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    www.norcalflyguides.com

~ Sue Kreutzer

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Clemens View Post
    Bdawg

Yes I know it's my friend and I've been searching on the googlewebs for it as much as I can between guiding and being up north were the cell and internet service sucks. Was without power all day Saturday from the storm. Went into town yesterday and was blown up with 23 texts and 5 voice-mails, oldest vm was 5 days ago. So it's a bit spotty at best.

With that being said, thank you for looking and finding it. Being that I only ordered 6, didn't think it was an Umpqua fly. The one company I didn't check with. Again thank you for taking the time to look.

Glad we have a forum like this to help each other out.
    All good, had a young kid teach me how to use it about a month ago, pretty useful tool. One of the many things I enjoy about being up there is the lack of cell service, I'm not in your shoes though, kind of hard for you to book clients with no means of communication.

Looks like a variation of a Conehead Maribou Muddler?

BWAG was right and oh yeah... forgot that trick but it nailed it to the 2-salt tube fly for sure...