Thread: Classic Ross Cimarron Reel and Spare Spool

Default Classic Ross Cimarron Reel and Spool (Lower price/upgraded)

Lowered price slightly and adding a used but good condition 5 wt. fly line, an SA Mastery GPX (no loop) in willow color.

A recent addition to an already embarrassingly large number of reels and spools that I've amassed over the years has led me to the difficult decision to start selling some that aren't getting their fair share of use. This is still one of the favorites in my collection, but the reality is that I've either sold off the lighter weight rods that I bought it for over the years or very seldom fished any that I kept. It's the C-1 size, which Ross rates for 3-5 weight lines, but I had it rigged for 3's and 4's. While I've owned it for a long while - this was produced roughly from 1999-2005 and I'm the original owner - I have fished it very, very few times, possibly only in the single digits. It is in excellent shape, with no dents or nicks. The only marking on it is light scuffing on the brushed stainless "RR" badge, which I assume is due to the fact that, because of lack of real estate in my ten compartment reel case (did I mention I have too many reels?), I had the spare spool and reel side by side in the same compartment. It's not all that visible and also strange in my opinion in that there is no gouging that I can feel with my fingernail, just very superficial marks. Whether for this or anything else, I'm happy to send additional pictures if needed and/or set up some sort of video call - FaceTime, Zoom, etc. - if you want to take a closer look at anything.

Both will come with backing on them and I'll add the 5 wt. line to one as mentioned above.

Price for everything is $195, which will include shipping in the continental US.

I'm not a prolific poster here but have been a member for a great many years and can point you to other forums where I've been a member for 20+ years and have bought and sold dozens and dozens of items over the years without incident, until this past year when I was scammed by a dirtbag that wound up victimizing folks on a number of forums around the country with items offered for sale that he never delivered on. Particularly in light of that, I understand healthy skepticism and will cooperate with whatever needs to be done to ensure that we're both who we say we are and are intending to follow through on our commitments. Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5271.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	18534

Name:	IMG_5272.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	18535

Name:	IMG_5273.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	18536
    Last edited by John_N; 12-28-2022 at 06:41 PM.

Bumped for lower price and addition of line

Still looking for a home

This is a good solid brand name (Made in USA) fly reel for a #3 or #4 outfit.

Might be a little small for a 9' #5 line outfit.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Reel and spool are no longer available for sale