Thread: Valley Steelhead

Default Valley Steelhead

I did a float this week for fall steelhead. I don't fish for steelhead as much as I used to. I like doing it but I have gotten into bass and stripers the last couple of years. We caught some nice fish, did not see too many other anglers and had some great photo light at the end of the day. We also saw an osprey carrying a steelhead. That was quite a sight. I used what i think is going to be my fish camera for a while. Hopefully I can keep it dry.

Default Valley Steelhead....

Another group of amazing photo's, John. The photo's of the fall colors, clouds and river made me feel chilled but brought back many fond memories of trips I went on. Thanks for sharing.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Always very inspirational John................
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Great photo's John. Keep 'em coming. Now that's how you post a report, no spot burning and great pics!

Thanks again John. That's such a great package of pics. The light is stunning.
    I think your new camera is working!
    Cheers, Ken
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

You sure help keep my fire stoked for this sport! Thank you! Stunning lighting and beautiful fish!

I am glad you guys like that light. It does not happen often. The sun was low and lighting up the sycamores with dark clouds behind them. Beautiful fish and beautiful light in the same day is too much to ask for. I am probably due for some bad luck after that. Hopefully not.

I do my best not to burn a spot. Close ups of fish help with that plus I like to show the beauty of the fish. Sometimes a grip and grin is okay but I think people, including me, are more interested in the fish than the guy who caught it. I am starting to like the portrait style grip and grin where the angler is blurred out and only the fish is in focus.

Beautiful lighting and photos! Glad you caught a few fish too. Thanks for keeping us entertained. I hope your good fortune continues - you deserve it.