Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morone Saxatilis

Default Morone Saxatilis

Also known as Mr Linesides. There are some in the Delta but from what I have seen recently not too many. I caught a few today and one was about 32" which is the kind of fish that will keep you coming back. Not a breath of wind plus some cloud cover made for pretty nice conditions today. Last week I caught a salmon in the Delta which was a new thing for me. A big hook jawed male that was probably lost at the end of a maze of sloughs and could not find his way out. He was definately ready to spawn so I am sure he was not pleased to be stuck in some muddy slough. He towed my kayak a long way. Fun stuff. Hopefully I can find a few more linesides out there that want to grab a fly. We'll see.

Last edited by John H; 10-31-2022 at 05:39 PM.

Once again, Excellent photo's and fish. Kinda looks like a fly I've been tying up but using wig hair. Hopefully they will work at the Forevay this coming Friday. Might take my Olympus T4 with me, that's if I can find it.
    Jay Murakoshi

Very inspiring John...........

I bet it is getting chilly on those early morning runs.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

WOW!!!!

That is a solid fish there sir.

I miss my delta days and that is a big reason why.

Thanks for posting.

I went to the forebay once. I caught a few stripers but not too many. The wind kind of blew me out by about 1:00. It is a bit of a drive but I might go again. There is a nice campground there so I could stay and fish two days.

I used the Olympus TG for these fish. I am looking into a new lens for my DSLR that might make it possible to take solo fish pics with it. I will need a safety strap so I don’t drop it in the water. If I get it to work I might get some really nice shots or it could be a bust and a bunch of money spent on camera gear for nothing. You can’t make a cake without breaking some eggs so I might try it. If it works you will be the first to know.

Check out my reflection in the bubble by the fish’s head.

Remember the fuzzy pictures from the old "flip" cell phones, maybe 15-20 years ago?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Beautiful photos and a fish to match. Congrats!

There are some fish around. It takes a lot of searching and casting to find a good one but there are a few out there. Here are a couple I got recently.

I bought a motor for my kayak. It is kind of a hassle to have another thing on the boat that you have to haul down to the water and keep working but it should extend my search radius. I used it today and if I have the motor on full and also pedal I can go 6 or 7 MPH which probably does not sound like much but is a lot better than the 2 to 3 MPH I get with just pedals. Hopefully it will work out for me.

I was on the water today with the motor for the first time and I could not get it working. I called the company, they picked up on second ring and helped me troubleshoot it. Loose connection. Kind of refreshing to get someone helpful on the phone.

Last edited by John H; 11-04-2022 at 09:36 PM.

You will have to show us that electric motor setup.

Kayaks are real popular all over the World and now "Stand Up Paddle Boards" are getting popular for fishing too.

Justin Menendez lives near me in Florida and has a famous YouTube fishing channel.

This video was shot very near my home in Sebastian, Florida.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK-2p8HEMrY

In Florida and the South we have the Gheenoe made in Titusville, FL which is like a wider canoe with a transom.

http://www.gheenoe.net/

In FL we have tons of small aluminum Jon boats that they throw in the back of a pickup for small water.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    There are some fish around. It takes a lot of searching and casting to find a good one but there are a few out there. Here are a couple I got recently.

I bought a motor for my kayak. It is kind of a hassle to have another thing on the boat that you have to haul down to the water and keep working but it should extend my search radius. I used it today and if I have the motor on full and also pedal I can go 6 or 7 MPH which probably does not sound like much but is a lot better than the 2 to 3 MPH I get with just pedals. Hopefully it will work out for me.

I was on the water today with the motor for the first time and I could not get it working. I called the company, they picked up on second ring and helped me troubleshoot it. Loose connection. Kind of refreshing to get someone helpful on the phone.

So do you need to register it now? I "think" the state requires it .