Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BEST bullitin board on the web

Default BEST bullitin board on the web

Hey guys,

I visit most of the fly fishing bulletin boards on the web on a regular basis, I don't hesitate to voice my opinion or ask a lot of questions, or give out advice. I just hope you guys realize what a wonderful web site Bill Kiene has set up for us and he sponsors it out of his own pocket, This is 100% the very best fly fishing bulletin board on the web, Thank you Bill.

Carl Blackledge

The fish sniffer forum I think was the best overall. Lots of info on runs showing up or fish were biting good. If you wanted to know if the salmon/striper were in and where FS was the place. Kiene is definitely the best fly fishing forum in CA.

https://fishsniffer.com/

Kiene's Fly Shop got a dozen free Fish Sniffer publications every time it came out so we could give them away.

I read the entire magazine each time we received them.

It has excellent fishing info in it, but you just had to look past the "dead fish pictures".

I knew some of the original guys like founder big Hal Bonslett and writer Dan Bacher.

Great publication.........

In the 1970s when I worked at Sports Unlimited on Arden Way we sponsored the TV show, "Bel lang, the Outdoorsman".

We had events at the shop where professional fishman and casters came to show us how good they where.

I met Pro bass legend Bobby Murry back then too. He had a brother who was good too.

When he was young he said snorkeled the famous bass lakes to see where the fish were.

I have been friends with Bob Simms for too many years......,

KFBK Radio, Saturday mornings , 5am to 8am.

Bob really knows a lot about the fishing and hunting in California.

Chris Fulster, of Broadway Bait & Tackle, is a legend in Sacramento.

I loved being on the radio show with Bob and Chris.......lots of history.

I love Richard Anderson's "Cal Fly Fisher" magazine.

"California Angler Magazine" in the 1980s? was the best local high quality fishing magazine.

Mike & Kris Fong had their "Inside Angler" fly fishing magazine too.

Ralph and Lisa Cutter made a huge contribution to fly fishing.

For 36 years they had "Ralph & Lisa Cutter's California School of Fly Fishing."

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill,tell me you're going to write a book about your life in fly fishing,I'm sure it would be of great interest to many.

We have all been very lucky to have found fly fishing as a hobby or even a life style for many.

I pretty much spent my entire adult life in the sporting goods business and really enjoyed it.

I had some really amazing customers over the years with many already gone now.

I am very glad I still have this forum to keep me connected to the sport and the people.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

It is a good board but participation is lacking. A lot of lookers and not many posters. Sometimes there are 4 members viewing the board and 400 non members. It is like four people standing in the middle of a room having a conversation surrounded by 400 people trying to listen in. People come to the board to see something but don’t want to put up anything to be seen. I guess that is how the internet is. Whatever. Fish on and post if you want to or don’t. Free country.

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    It is a good board but participation is lacking. A lot of lookers and not many posters. Sometimes there are 4 members viewing the board and 400 non members. It is like four people standing in the middle of a room having a conversation surrounded by 400 people trying to listen in. People come to the board to see something but don’t want to put up anything to be seen. I guess that is how the internet is. Whatever. Fish on and post if you want to or don’t. Free country.
    I don't disagree with you, and I try to be active but the past few years I get out much less than ever, so posting a report is not a thing for me.

One big advantage to joining the Forum is to be able to put stuff up on the Classifieds.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    O.k. John, here's my two excuses...........................
    I became rather jaded posting about anything here since I was chastised for posting a new DFW regulation about a not-so-secret catch and release only fishery that has been well written about and even fly club presentations have been given to give newb anglers a one-up advantage when fishing there. I could elaborate further but I don't want to start a pissin' match. I've got enough on my plate right now without dealing with that.

Secondly, four weeks ago "I danced with death" and am damned lucky to still be here to talk about it.
    On September 30th I had what my doctor said and classified as a "major stroke". I'm not sure what a "major stroke "entails, but I suffered very minimal speech degradation, very minimal fine motor control loss in my left hand(I'm left handed and my cursive handwriting is horrendous now). Fortunately, I've been out fishing a few times--- including today--- and it seems that I haven't lost any of my fishing/casting abilities. I don't anticipate I'll be getting back to my all day "hard core" fishing adventures till sometime this spring however. So, not much report wise will be happening from my camp.

I'm Still glad to participate even if this post isn't what some would like to read..................

Dang cutthroats are getting active and I can't do anything about it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Down but definitely not out,

Bob
    Last edited by BS; 10-28-2022 at 12:20 AM. Reason: corrected punctuation

Bob, Please hang in there