Thread: Hoboin' on the River

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hoboin' on the River

We did a three day float on the Lower Sac which we have done before. It is a pretty good trip. You get to fish and disappear into the river environment for a few days without going far from home. I have found the fish dont bite nearly as well when there is not a guide in the boat but that is okay. I like catching lots of fish with a guide every once in a while and about once a year I like camping and floating the River on my own. They are both good.

This trip we floated Posse to Jelly's and camped on islands both nights. We camped on Hobo Island the first night and Gabe Island the second night. When you are making a hobo camp it is nice to be on an island and out of view of any houses. You don't need any other hobos wandering into your camp in the night or someone in their house calling the sheriff because your campfire is making them nervous. Good weather, good campsites, ice cold beer, tasty campfire fare and a few nice fish. What's not to like.

Hobo camp. Not a lot of stuff fits in a hobo's drift boat but a hobo definately needs his chair and a bottle of homemade wine.

Hobo campfire. Six second photo exposure so a hobo needs to stand very still.

Hobo meal is cooking. Meat on the grill and potatoes in the fire.

Hobo meal is on the hobo plate.

Hobo drift boat.

Hobo fishing the river above the new Jelly's bridge.

Hobo trout speying.

Even a hobo runs into a nice trout once in a while.

Hobo happiness.
    Last edited by John H; 10-20-2022 at 10:28 AM.