Thread: 11ft Euro Rod

Default 11ft Euro Rod

I have an Echo Shadow II 3wt 10' that I absolutely love. It's very versatile excels at tightline nymphing but also great for throwing dries, indicators, etc. I broke it on one of my trips and bought a Redington Strike 11ft 3wt to replace it at the time. Does anyone have any experience with an 11ft euro rod? What do you like and dislike about it?

I used the 11fter for a few hours but didn't really like the feel of it. It's very unwieldy. Tough to run around with and tricky to cast without snagging on stuff above and behind me. I was thinking of selling it but am wondering if anyone can shed some light on their experience.
    Keep Calm and Fly Fish
    https://keepcalmandflyfish.com/

I got a 11' 3 wt clearwater and like it a great deal for euro work, but i have not used it much at all for dries or large indi's, it feels like the tip would not hold up to any major gear on the leader. (I'm running kind of a mono rig setup- 20 ft of 20#Maxima, 4 ft 12# maxima, 2ft 3X and tippet ring), and it does not like casting in a traditional sense with it set up that way.

I just use this setup for euro. I carry an 11' trout spey a lot as well so it is a length I am used to.