Thread: Old Fenwick fly rods (glass and graphite)

Default Old Fenwick fly rods (glass and graphite)

I have eight ( rods for sale. These Fenwicks are all older models. I imagine they are at least 15-20 years old.
    They are all American made. A couple of the graphite rods look like they have never been used - the cork is unsullied. All rods are 2-piece rods. A couple of the rods have been personalized with a name that has been epoxied over so probably can't remove the name. There were my aunt's who passed away earlier this year. All have sock and tube.

$50 for each rod. I don't want to ship these rods as they are 2-piece and will cost more to ship than I am asking for each rod. I live in the East Bay (Contra Costa Co) and really don't want to drive too far to meet, if at all.

SOLD 3) Fenwick Feralite FF85 brown fiberglass. 8.5' long 7-8-9 wt 4 1/8 ounce
    SOLD 4) Fenwick Feralite FF98 brown fiberglass. 9' long 9-10 wt 4 7/8 ounce
    SOLD 5) Fenwick HMG green graphite GFF858. 8.5' long. 8wt. 3.5 ounces
    SOLD 6) Fenwick HMG green graphite GFF856. 8.5' long. 6wt. 2 7/8 ounces
    SOLD 7) Fenwick HMG brown graphite GFF856. 8.5' long. 6wt. 3 1/8 ounce. Unused- looks brand new
    SOLD 8- Fenwick HMG brown graphite GFF905. 9' long. 5wt. 3 5/8 ounce. unused - looks brand new. Has name on the rod that is epoxied over.
    SOLD - 9) Fenwick HMG brown graphite GFF908. 9' long. 8wt. 4 ounce. unused - looks brand new. Has name on the rod that is epoxied over.
    SOLD 10 ) zebco (who knew...) 9688. 8.5' long grey graphite. don't know what line size, probably 5 or 6. - $ Free
    Last edited by Trouter925; 10-11-2022 at 02:41 PM. Reason: add link

Trouter395

Great values here....

Someone could pay you for one then you could drop it off later at Kiene's Fly Shop in Sacramento for PU?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Hi Bill,
    good suggestion, but Sacramento is 1.5 hours each way for me, I'd prefer to not drive up for a $50 fly rod...

PM sent from Walnut Creek. A lot closer than Sacramento. I'm trying to relive my first rod, a glass fenwick, that I broke at Putah Creek back in the 70s

I was just thinking to drop one off at Kiene's if you were on your way to Reno?, passing through Sacto.

Your pricing is really good.

That FF85 (which I have) would be good on the Trinity, Klamath and Rogue rivers with a Single-hand Spey line for swinging for Steelhead.

The FF98 was is a great rod for King salmon.

I remember when the graphite HMG 905-2 and 908-2 came out.........
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

There is a part of me that would like to rework the handle of the FF85 and use it as SH spey, but feel like is is sacrilegious...haha. But for $50, maybe I'll go ahead and do it anyway. Such a full flexing rod, I agree probably nice for spey. I test casted the FF98 with an 8wt outbound short. That rod is a beast. Debating taking out on the delta for nostalgia for stripers in the mean time until it's sold.

I found some comets in my aunts boxes. Makes me wonder if she was steelhead fishing in the heyday. I can't imagine fishing on the Russian when it was a real steelhead/salmon river. She never talked about it. Would have liked to hear some of the stories. She was part of the Oakland Casting Club for a long time.

Please see your Personal Messages. Thank You, Bob