Thread: Rods, Reels & Miscellaneous for sale

Default Rods, Reels & Miscellaneous for sale

I apologize for the short notice, I've moved out of the Sacramento area but am here visiting thru September 30th. Would prefer local pickup, but can ship with additional cost. Can provide pics if interested.

Peaker Big Game reel #27 of 50 - type III anodization, dovetailed/screwed reel foot, mint condition, very collectable. Design similar to Emery and Catino reels.
    $700

Pate Tarpon Reel
    Vintage Billy Pate 'Tarpon' Reel (left hand retrieve). Excellent condition, few very slight scratches on the frame (aka boat rash). Two original reel pouches and additional large drag knob.
    $350

Extra spools for the Hardy Sunbeam 9/10
    Spare spools for the Hardy Sunbeam reels are very hard to find.
    Both spools are new, never used. One spool comes with the original box
    $50 without box
    $55 with box

Cam Sigler 8'6", 3 piece, 14 wt, ultimate bluewater rod.
    Like new condition.
    Double locking reel seat.
    Ceramic stripping guides and tiptop.
    Swivel gimbal butt, with removable cap.
    Cloth rod sock and tube.
    $300

Sage VPS Light 9' 4wt 3 piece - excellent condition
    Sold

SAGE GFL 896-4 RP, 9'6", 8 weight, 4 piece. Very good condition, slight soiling of cork handle . Includes original Sage Aluminum Case/Sage Cloth Rod Bag.
    Sold - pending

Redington Wayfair 9', 12 weight, 4 piece. New, never used
    $90

Hummingbird 120 Fishin’ Buddy® - Downlooking and SideFinding™ Sonar, 240 V x 160 H Display - excellent condition, near new.
    $150

Dynaking Prince Vise C-Clamp model - good condition
    $80

Orvis lightweight Neoprene flats boots, women's size 6 - new, never used
    Free to anyone that can use them

Orvis Fanny pack - excellent condition, near new.
    Sold
    Last edited by Byran; 10-08-2022 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Updated

"Peaker Big Game reel #27 of 50 - type III anodization, dovetailed/screwed reel foot, mint condition, very collectable. Design similar to Emery and Catino.
    $700"

This would be a great Tarpon/Billfish/Tuna reel and collectable as well.

Mike Monroe was a Peaker fly reel dealer some year back at The Fly Hutch in Sacramento.

Extremely good salt water big game fly reels before Billy Pate/Tibor and Abel came along.

Back then famous Keys guide John Emery had his own excellent big game fly reel.

I sold the Catino fly reels I got from veteran Florida guide and Cortland line company Rep Frank Catino.

Over the years many fly fishing people got with a good machinist and made big game salt water fly reels.

That is how the Bill Pate reels came to be. Famous fly fisherman Billy Pate got with famous machinist Ted Juracsik and made their

reel, the Bill Pate.

The Fin-Nor fly reels were good available production fly reels back then. Their original reel, called "the wedding cake" is a big deal with

collectors now.

I had a No.1 Wedding Cake NIB (yikes) I got from George Martin and traded it to Duane Calkins plus a 8' TP&L pram for complete

state of the art, full garage, both sides, floor to ceiling wood cabinets and work bench.

I had a No.2 Wedding Cake slightly used from Walt Bennett but somehow one of my best friends wanted it more than I did.

Seamaster was considered the best back in the day, before Billy Pate or Able reel came on the scene.

Sadly, you had to get on the waiting list to get a Seamaster.

"Started by Bob McChristian in the 1950's, Seamaster reels would become highly respected by aficionados. Based in Miami, Florida, Seamaster's focus was primarily on the burgeoning saltwater fly fishing industry and their reels were designed to withstand the harsh corrosive impact of fishing in the salt. Seamaster reels are also known for their patented "dual mode" reel system which enabled the crank to stay still on an outgoing line (and engage on the retrieve). "

Being in the fly fishing retail business for over 50 years I witnessed all this history of fly reels, coming and going.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Hello,
    If flats boots are still available I'd love to have them.
    Karen

Byran is a great seller! Buy with confidence! Awesome communication and his descriptions are accurate, except...the Redington Wayfarer is a 5 piece, not a 4 piece.

Richard
    Last edited by richarde206; 10-17-2022 at 05:05 PM.