Thread: Jim Clarkson

Default Jim Clarkson

I’ve only just been able to think about this. Jim didn’t really get an obit anywhere so I wrote one of sorts on my website. If you knew Jim give it a read if you feel so inclined.

https://classicpowellrod.com/tribute-to-jim
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com

Rich, that is extremely good of you to do that.

When we lose someone in the FFing world, close or far, I try to find anything I can on them and put it up here.

Not everyone gets an Obituary or a very good one.

I will love to read it.........

I know Jim was a top rod builder and liked by many.

We did some business together.

Jim and I had a customer in common who was taking a group to a good lodge in Alaska some years ago.

Jim built them all the rods and I supplied all the reels, backing and fly lines.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Morrison View Post
    IÂ’ve only just been able to think about this. Jim didnÂ’t really get an obit anywhere so I wrote one of sorts on my website. If you knew Jim give it a read if you feel so inclined.

https://classicpowellrod.com/tribute-to-jim
    Thanks for reminding us that friends and mostly the ones we fish with should never be taken for granted and always considered. In every one of my casts there is always the remembrance of the fine people I have met in fly fishing even ones who I only talked with over the phone, Jim Clarkson being one of them.

That is a great picture of Jim.....

It is nice to have someone who knows the person well write the obituary or help..

Some of our old buddies had an obituary that never mentioned them fly fishing?

One of our finest good fishing buddies, Skip Orr, passed away around 60 which was shocking for many of us.

His daughter contacted me right away so I could spread the word about Skip's unexpected passing.

Somehow I felt compelled to write up something to tell the family how much fun we all had together, fly fishing.

One memorable time on the Pit River at Deep Creek campground we made a big fire and sat around it in the dark telling jokes.

Skip and I came in late from a trip way up river arriving in the dark with our flashlights on.

Skip instantly started telling jokes standing around the fire with his waders on, rod and reel in hand.

All the sudden Skip fell backwards right in the middle on the campfire.

Skip was a husky guy but he almost bounced up out of that fire like on a trampoline?

We all laughed for a long time after that one and Skip was now a Pit river legend.

I wrote about some other fun times we had and emailed it back to his daughter.

She emailed me back that she actually read my email at his family home after the funeral and she said everyone loved it.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........