Thread: Huge Gear Purge (Part 2)

Default Huge Gear Purge (Part 2)

Mt. Rainier FlyReel Works. Comes with spare spool and pouch. The reel and spare spool are in fantastic condition. Beautiful with nice tolerances and a powerful drag. Salmon/steelhead would hate to be on the other end of this. Retail was $650 plus taxes. $500.

Orvis Battenkill large arbor 9/10 with 2 spare spools. The reel is in good shape with some signs of use. It has a fair number of nicks/scratches on the frame. The spare spools are in great shape with a few small nicks. $275.

Orvis DXR 7/8 fly reel. Reel is matte black (guide finish). Comes with the Orvis pouch and is spooled with an unknown WF8F. The reel is in great shape with a few small blemishes. Functions as it should and stored with the drag off. $175.

Orvis Mach IV large arbor fly reel and spare spool. Made in England. It comes with the case, but I forgot to include it in my photos. I will revise that at some point. Reel and spool come with backing. The reel is rated for 7-10wt. It holds a WF8F with 200 yds. of 20 lb. backing. The reel is fully machined from aircraft grade bar stock aluminum, with a hard anodized "titanium" finish. It features a strong, center disc drag system, with 8 Broflon and stainless steel plate interfaces. This baby has plenty of drag and will stop salmon/steelhead dead in their tracks. It would also be a fantastic choice for stripers, redfish, bonefish, baby tarpon, etc. The reel has a few scratches and small nicks. One small spot of oxidation. The spool is in excellent shape. $300

Orvis Vortex 7/8 with spare spool. The reel and spare spool are gold in color. There are very nicks, scratches, rub marks, and a bit of oxidation such. This is not a show pony, this is a war daddy. This was Orvis’ flagship saltwater reel. The build quality is great and it utilizes a cork drag. $300.

Orvis Vortex 9/10 with spare spool. The reel and spare spool are gold in color. There are very nicks, scratches, rub marks, and a bit of oxidation such. This is not a show pony, this is a war daddy. This was Orvis’ flagship saltwater reel. The build quality is great and it utilizes a cork drag. $300.

Ross Animas 11/12. Brand new. Comes with box and pouch. Pouch shows some wear. This is a big boy reel. Think tarpon, jacks, mahi, tuna, etc. $285.

Ross Canyon BG 4. Reel was used once and is in excellent condition. One nick on the frame as seen in photos. Reel is spooled with a Scientific Anglers Mastery Series WF8F saltwater line. Comes with pouch. Rated for 7-9wts. $325 without line. $350 with line.

Ross CLA 5 and spare spool. An absolute gem. I doubt you’ll find another CLA as well documented as this. Included is one Ross CLA 5 reel, one spare spool loaded with backing and a sinking line, 2 reel pouches, original purchase receipt, blank warranty card, two spare clickers (pawls/dogs), and all original documents (two copies). The reel was fished on one trip, that’s it. The reel has a few small marks and the slightest indent in one spool. I don’t think many would notice if it wasn’t disclosed. The spools fit nice and tight and reel functions exactly as it should. The reel just came back from Ross after having a complete tear down, upgraded internals, screws, drag knob, etc. I have all documentation to verify this as well. Reel is rated for 8-10wts. $385.

Ross CLA7 fly reel with pouch. Reel was used twice and is a 9.9/10. One very small nick on frame and a mark on the reel foot from mounting. Reel is spooled with Rio Backing, Rio Scandinavian Shooting Line, and a Rio Scandinavian Spey Line. $300.

Ross Momentum 6 and spare spool. Comes with backing and a wf8f line on the reel. Spare spool is spooled with backing. Reel has a few dings/nicks, mainly scratches/paint rub on the drag knob and spool/frame. Spare spool has a few nicks, but in excellent shape. This baby is rated for 10-12wts. Excellent tarpon or Spey reel. $300.

Sage 508 (1). Highly desirable and don’t come up very often. These are amazing reels and are one of a handful that continue to increase in value. I am not really looking to move on the price. This reel is lightly used, but in very good shape. A little bit of patina on the line guard (single screw) and the handle post. and minimal wear on reel foot. The frame is clean and a very very small mark on the spool. This reel is a 9.9/10. Just add grease and fish or put it in the collection. $575.

Sage 508 (2). Highly desirable and don’t come up very often. These are amazing reels and are one of a handful that continue to increase in value. I am not really looking to move on the price. This reel is used, but in very good shape. This one has a decent amount of patina (drag knob, and some other components). A little bit of oxidation on the reel foot and face. I can tell you how to address these small things, but some people feel that takes away from the value. A small bit of the white/silver sage lettering has rubbed off. The frame and spool are clean. The reel has always been stored with the drag off. It is spooled with a T200 line. Grease it and make it sing. $525.

Sage 509 (1). Highly desirable and don’t come up very often. These are amazing reels and are one of a handful that continue to increase in value. I am not really looking to move on the price. This reel is lightly used, but in very good shape. A little bit of patina on the line guard (single screw) and a few nicks on spool. This one does not have Sage 509 printed on the face of the frame. Grease it and fish it for years to come. $525.

Sage 509 (2). Highly desirable and don’t come up very often. These are amazing reels and are one of a handful that continue to increase in value. I am not really looking to move on the price. This reel is lightly used, but in very good shape. A little bit of patina on the line guard (single screw) and minimal wear on reel foot. The spool and frame are clean. The locking mechanism to engage spool is a tad sticky. This reel is a 9.9+/10. Comes spooled with a sinking line. Grease it and fish it for years to come. $575.

Sage 509 (3). Highly desirable and don’t come up very often. These are amazing reels and are one of a handful that continue to increase in value. I am not really looking to move on the price. A little bit of patina on the line guard (single screw) and handle post. Minimal wear on the reel foot. The spool and frame are clean. This reel is a 9.9+/10. Spooled with an Ultra DT WF9F. Just add grease and fish or put it in the collection. $575.

Sage 509 (4). Highly desirable and don’t come up very often. These are amazing reels and are one of a handful that continue to increase in value. I am not really looking to move on the price. This reel is lightly used, but in very good shape. A little bit of patina on the line guard (single screw) and the counterweight. Minimal wear on reel foot. The frame is clean and a very very small mark on the spool. There is some sticker residue on the frame and a little bit of oxidation on the back of spool around the spool lock/release mechanism. I can tell you how to address these small things, but some people feel that takes away from the value. Reel is spooled with a T400 line. Just add grease and fish or put it in the collection. $575.

Sage 509 (5). Highly desirable and don’t come up very often. These are amazing reels and are one of a handful that continue to increase in value. I am not really looking to move on the price. This reel is used, but in good shape. A little bit of patina on the line guard (single screw). Minimal wear on reel foot. The frame is clean. The spool has some nicks on the edges. Reel is spooled with a Cortland 444SL WF7F Rocket line. Grease it, fish it, and make them scream. $525.

Scientific Anglers System 1 456 Fly Reel. One complete reel and 3 spare spools. Reel has a few nicks, but mainly just paint rub on the rim of the frame. 3 spare spools are in great shape. These are excellent reels that really sing when a fish is ripping. Rated for 4-6wt. $150.

Scientific Anglers Mastery Series 10/11 fly reel. Made in England. Spooled with Scientific Anglers Mastery Series WF11FS. This reel was used exactly one time and is in exceptional condition. There is one very very tiny mark on the reel. I’d grade this a 9.9/10. This would be a fanatic reel for salmon/steelhead, a Spey setup, etc. $190.

STH. King Eliseo. 9/10. Made in Argentina. This reel is in very good shape with minor signs of use. A few light scratches here and there on the face. The reel is set up for RHW. It has a strong cork drag that is in excellent shape. It has been kept lubricated and stored with the drag off. It is currently spooled with a Cortland 444SL WF9F Saltwater. Beautiful incoming and outgoing click. $200
    Last edited by Flyguy88; 10-12-2022 at 05:41 PM.

Some prices reduced. A few things sold, so pulled them off the listing.