Thread: Huge Gear Purge (part 1)

Default Huge Gear Purge (part 1)

Located in Puyallup, WA. All prices exclude shipping. If you don't love the price of something, you are always welcome to make an offer. I can't figure out how to get photos to upload on here. I am happy to text photos of anything you may want to see.

Reels

Abel Big Game. No 0. Gloss black. Reel was just serviced by Abel and has not been fished since. New square tooth drag plate. Reel was torn down, cleaned, and greased. This reel can be swapped from left to right and vice versa. This reel is in exceptional condition and I can’t seem to see any blemishes. 9.9+/10. Comes with a pouch that is a little dirty. Rated for 2/3wts. $425

Abel Big Game. No 1. Gloss black. Reel was just torn down and serviced by yours truly. Reel has a square tooth drag plate. This reel can be swapped from left to right and vice versa. This reel is in exceptional condition with a small rub mark on the face and the tiniest wear on the drag knob. Comes with pouch. This reel is a 9.9/10. The line is not included. Rated for 6/7wts. $400

Abel Big Game. No 2. Gloss black. Reel was just serviced by Abel. The reel just received a new square tooth drag plate and pawl. Reel was torn down, cleaned, and greased. This reel can be swapped from left to right and vice versa. This reel is in excellent condition with a few small blemishes. Some wear on the reel foot and some nicks here and there. Looks much better in person. Reel comes with a pouch. Rated for 7/8wts. $400

Abel Big Game. No. 4.5. Gloss black. Solid (non-ported) face. Reel has not been fished, but there are a few light scratches. Comes with pouch and spooled with backing. Reel has a square tooth drag plate and double pawl. This just came back from Abel. They installed a new square tooth drag plate and cleaned and greased the reel. I have the documents to confirm this. Think shark, tarpon, marlin, etc. $500.

Abel Super 5. Dark green. In excellent condition. Comes with a matching dark green spare spool (excellent condition). The reel has the original owner’s name laser inscribed by Abel. Also comes with a brand new Abel Big Game No.2 spare spool in gloss black. Boxes, pouches, and papers included. $850.

Abel Super 6. In excellent shape. There is one small blemish. Spooled with backing. Pouch included. Rated for 6/7wts. $465.

Abel Super 8 fly fishing reel. This just came back from being serviced by Abel. Mechanically, this baby is a 10. Cosmetically it has some nicks, scratches, etc. Reel is spooled with backing. Comes with pouch and a spare reel foot. $450. Will sell without spare foot for $425.

Abel Vaya 4/5. Native Cutthroat finish with black drag knob. Reel is new and hasn’t been fished. Comes with box, but no pouch. There is one very small nick on the back of spool that I don’t think 99% of people would notice. Two very very small marks on frame that I also don’t think anyone would notice, but I am attentive to detail and believe in full disclosure. There are some light scratches on center spindle. Probably hard to photograph any of this but I can try my best. Retail is $1195 plus taxes. Skip the 5+ month backorder. Priced at $1000.

Abel Rove 5/7. Native Rainbow Trout with matching drag knob. Brand new with box and pouch. Reel has never been lined. This thing is absolutely stunning in person. The photos do not do this reel justice. Abel currently has a 5+ month back order. Retail is $1520 plus taxes. I don’t really want to sell this, so there are no breaks on this one. Retail less taxes and no wait time. $1520.

Ari T. Hart. RV. Deschutes. #8206. This reel is in near mint condition. I’d grade it a 9.9/10. It has a small mark on the reel foot indicating that it’s been mounted on a rod. No box, pouch, etc. Reel has been stored with the drag off and functions exactly as it should. Comes spooled with backing and running line. This reel is set up for RHW (right hand wind). $750.

Bauer LM1. Reel is brand new and hasn’t been fished. Stored with drag off and cork has always been maintained. Spooled with backing and a Rio WF4F. This reel is best suited for 2-4wts. $285.

Bogdan Salmon Model 200. Rare alert! This particular Bogdan is rather unusual. This was a special custom order from Stan, boasting a half-handle and with substantial porting on both the side plates and each side of the spool. The side plates are black and the frame and spool are done in the light champagne color. Silver anodized foot, oil port cover, poacher's knob, and Bogdan nameplate. This would be a nice option for someone who wants to fish a larger Bogdan, but cut back slightly on the weight. It is a 3 ¾” diameter and is set up for RHW. It comes with the original pouch. The reel is spooled with ST-10-S Wet-Cel HID. Many consider Bogdan reels to be the finest salmon/steelhead reels money can buy. As a reel fanatic, I can assure you that it does not disappoint. The machining, the tolerances, the drag, and design are top notch. This reel has a few scratches/dings and a battle-tested handle, but do not let that fool you. This is a reel that is built to outlast you and to be passed down to your kids, grandkids, etc. Bogdan’s are one of a few reels that will only continue to climb in value. $3000.

Browning Midas 1. Three spare spools. They are a perfect fit for a Martin Classic MC 45. $75.

Fin-Nor 2 (Gold). This thing is an absolute beauty. A few light scratches and a couple of nicks. This is a direct drive reel and set for RHW. Always stored with drag off and functions as it should. Comes spooled with line and backing. I believe the line is a WF8F. It several years old, but appears plenty serviceable. It should be considered a bonus. $315.

Hardy Marquis Salmon #1 (silent check). This reel is in excellent condition. It could almost pass for new. A few very small blemishes and a bit of patina on the drag knob make this a 9.8+/10. Comes with pouch. Rated for 9-10wt single hand rods. Would make a killer spey/switch reel. $400.

Hardy “The Sunbeam.” 5/6wt. Comes with pouch. This reel is in excellent condition. It has a few very small nicks and blemishes. Always stored with the drag off. I’d grade it a 9.8+/10. Incredible reel or one to add to the Hardy collection. Grease this baby up and fish the snot out of it. $400.

Hardy “The Perfect 3 3/8.” The reel is in great shape. A few nicks, scratches, etc. Grease it and fish the hell out of it. When you are done, pass it down to your kid or grandkid. This is probably one of my favorite Hardy reels. $425.

Hardy “The Princess.” The reel is used, but in very good shape. A few scratches and small blemishes. A very nice-looking specimen that should keep on ticking for years to come. Grease it up and fish the snot out of it. $350.

Lamson LP2 fly reel and spare spool. Reel and spool are in good shape. Some light scratches and some nicks. The photos make stuff stand out more than how they appear in person. Little bit of sticker residue on the inside of the spare spool. $190.

Martin Classic MC56. This is a 5/6 wt. reel. Reel is spooled with a WF5F. Comes with one spare spool from a Browning Midas 2. They are a perfect fit, as Martin made those reels for Browning. $85

Martin Classic MC78. This is a 7/8 wt. reel. Comes with three spare spools. The spare spools are from a Browning Midas 3. They are a perfect fit, as Martin made those reels for Browning. One of the Midas spools was slightly undersized inside and had to be reamed to fit. Has a small lip inside as a result and for some reason on outgoing has a scratchy noise once per revolution that I haven’t been able to figure out. It doesn’t impact anything. $125
    Last edited by Flyguy88; 10-12-2022 at 05:39 PM.