Im working on a few changes that I will be submitting to DFG with the help of NCGASA in regards to our current closure and openers on some of our Sac Valley Rivers. What I am trying to find is what the old open and closures where on the American River a long time ago before the current Nov 1 closure and Jan 1 opener.

Any information would be greatly appreciate.

Please keep an eye or ear open for these requested changes. Rivers include American, Yuba and Feather. My request WILL NOT keep these rivers closed for longer, I want to keep the current fishable days open, and maybe on certain rivers add a few more days or more areas to fish. But with our salmon entering out systems later and later each and every year, we need to allow these fish to spawn in peace, spawn successfully and allow these eggs a chance to hatch and alevins to wiggle out of the rocks before being crushed by hundreds if not 1000s of feet on a daily/weekly basis.

I have some great requests that Im putting together, and hoping with the help of NCGASA we can get some if not all these requests put in place. These fish need as much help as we can give them, and its up to us to give them a fighting chance.

Thank you in advance