Thread: Winston XTR 10 wt. - Like New

Thumbs up Winston XTR 10 wt. - Like New

That post of the SAGE just below this reminded me that I've got one too. I really love this rod, comes with the original tube, and it's only been used twice in Baja and there's not a mark on it. $325.00

It kills me to think of getting rid of it, but like a lot of other old guys here it's time to clean the closet and start getting rid of a few things.

I've also got a matching Tibor Riptide that mated perfectly with this Winston. Loaded with a mile of gel-spun backing and a WF-11-F line. If anyone is interested make offer for both.

Geez, getting old sucks.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Tony, I'm interested. Is it a 4 piece?

Hi Woodman,

No it is not a four piece. It is a three piece which I believe is stronger than any two or four piece rod. The reason being there is no section (ferrel) at the mid-point of the rod. I have always bought three piece rods for that reason until manufacturers decided four piece rods were more popular.

I do have a SAGE three piece travel tube that I will include with the rod, and any four piece rod you already have will fit fine.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Thanks Tony. I've got a bunch of three piece saltwater rods, but as I buy new ones I'm opting for four pieces. Just that much easier to travel with.