Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Algae Bloom, Dead Fish, and Bio-runoff

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Buzolich View Post
    Boy, that's a good one Dynaflow. Ya, Golf Courses in the desert like Las Vegas, Palm Springs,,,everywhere!

Take a look at a few Youtubes showing Lake Mead or the Colorado River.

Here's a new one, Why aren't there more Desalinization Plants being built? If the oceans are rising we ought to be able to desalt that water and use it for inland purposes.

My son-in-law was in Alice Springs in the desert outback of Australia for 3 years.

He said the golf coarse there was all sand because they had no water for grass.

Yes, but I heard supposedly? that the golf courses in Florida were being managed for minimal runoff?

California's GDP for 2021 was $3.356 Trillion with a T?

If California was actually one of the World's 200 countries it would be Number 5 GNP?

With that much money and we have a terrible total infrastructure and more homeless that any other state?

I think in 10 years we won't have any fish in the lower America river, let alone any water.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Question Golf Courses....

I once commented in another discussion, negatively on irrigation of golf courses and was informed by one of our members who plays some golf that courses, in USA, use recycled water for irrigation. Not sure what if anything this practice has on run-off as I think they still spread fertilizers containing phosphates.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default Trash Clean-up....

A recent e-mail from Save The American River Parkway Foundation reports that as of the end of August '22, over 10,000 homeless campers are located in the parkway and the latest trash clean-up in that area totaled 3,325 pounds. The clean-up was done by volunteers.

Altho, that does protect the watershed from being completely fouled, it does nothing for cleaning up the trash on the streets/underpasses along the Bus. 80 corridor by the homeless campers.... Some of items noted are portable BBQ's, office chairs, many bicycles in various states of repair. I should acknowledge that every time the city tries to move homeless campers/clean-up their trash, the court steps in to restrain activities....
    Last edited by Darian; 09-16-2022 at 08:53 AM.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown