Hey all, been a while since I've posted. Had some free days this past week and was out on the American in search of some half-pounders, didn't have much success the first day, but saw some real nice fish rolling in the riffles right in front of me in the riffle below the bike-bridge at riverbend park, id guess the biggest was 23-24 inches at least, sadly did not get him to bite despite watching him feed for a solid 15 minutes barely 10-15 feet in front of me.

Ended up exploring the river in the William B Pond area the past couple days and got into some smaller trout, mostly 6-9 inches or so, most of which were wild fish. This morning I had no luck while using caddis emergers and didn't find any feeding fish until a little later in the morning when some mayflies were coming off the water decently thick, switched to a flashback pheasant tail and that ended up attracting some takes on the swing. I had one better fish on, maybe 13 inches or so, but he popped off right in front of me after swimming upstream into some current. Still in search of those bigger fish! Biggest thing I found was a rattlesnake that startled me when trudging through an overgrown trail, please be careful out there! Thankfully she let me know she was there way before I got too close.

I was wondering if anyone else is fishing the A and having any success the past couple weeks and would be willing to share what worked and/or didn't work. I might go out the next few mornings in search of different areas depending on the water temperature in the upcoming days of heat.