If you don't count last week when the wind chewed me up and spit me out it has been a while since I was in the Delta . The wind was not chewing on me today. He either lost his teeth or was not hungry enough to bother chewing me up. In either case the Delta is a pretty fun place to go in your kayak when conditions are pleasant. I thought for sure I was going to get a good fish on topwater but it did not happen. I do not like the high and rising tide first thing in the morning for topwater. Bass seem to like to feed in the early morning but if the tide is not to their liking they will pass up the morning window and feed another time. My theory is they only need a couple of short feeding windows each day so they can be choosy about when they feed. I did get two fish I would guess were 3 to 3.5 pounds. One was on my new gear-fly which has gotten bit but is not doing much better than my other flies. I got a couple quick pictures of the two fish but they both gave me the slip before I could get a better picture and weigh them. Good job by them for getting away before I could stress them out a little more. I got a crisp picture of an osprey. Super sharp bright yellow eyes and huge talons. Incredible bird. I saw him early but the light was bad and he moved upstream as I went by. I found him in good light later and got some shots. His wing looks wierd but he flew just fine so I think he was healthy. I also got a photo of a snowy egret. I love their yellow feet. Their plumage is so bright the exposure never seems to come out right even with some editing. I chased a kingfisher but he would not let me get close. The moon was looking good and the sunrise had a little color. All in all a fine morning.