Thread: Caution

Default Caution

I keep getting all this spam crap in my PM.....anything I have posted for WTB, there is some guy telling me to go to a certain email addy and that guy has what I want..be careful where you send your doe. Carl Blackledge

I got the same type of message today, from a guy with no history on the Forum directing me to some e-mail. The PM didn't make a lot of sense from a ff perspective so I ignored it. After buying and selling a lot of stuff on the Forum to/from some great guys over the years, it is sad to see scammers coming in

Let me know who this is, if possible.

I appreciate Form members keeping me informed of anything on here I need to address.

Thanks Carl and Sonoman.

I guess the Internet can be a great place for criminals.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Hi Bill,
    I sent a PM to you and Carl with a copy of the PM I received, which sounds a lot like Carl's description. Is it a scam? I don't know. But it raised my suspicion and when I saw Carl's post it sounded very similar

Bob

I heard back from Carl and the PM Carl received was from the same guy. Info is in the PM I sent you

It’s a scam and it’s very common on other classified boards. If you’re not dealing with someone who has a reasonable posting history you’re opening yourself up to issues.

I got one also, for the jw young reel. I asked for pictures. No comment. I have all the info still in my box, if you need it. Assholes!!
    Lance Gray
    Fly Guide
    530-517-2204
    http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com

As PV mentioned, other forums had seen this type of scam. They are virtually always WLTB ads, and they have a friend who has the item you’re looking for. Always new to the board. I know SpeyPages now requires a minimum of 10 posts before you are allowed to sell anything in their classified forum. A good rule of thumb sounds like checking their psoting history, and immediately run if someone’s “friend” has the item you want. And I’m with Lance - assholes.