I spent some days on the north coast of Oregon. Wind and fog but some nice sunshine also. Plenty of Portlandians and other folks running around trying to enjoy some cool summer days. Lots of boats being towed around and launched for coho, rockfish and crab trips. I got out on the ocean one day. We miraculously hit a sunny five hour window with light winds and got a bunch of black rockfish and some greenling, cabezon and ling cod. I kayak fished one day in the bay for crab. I bass fished in a local shallow lake. I spent a lot of time on foot and in the kayak looking for birds and any other critter that would make a good picture. I really went crazy on that. I could bury this post in bird pictures but I will try to keep them to what I think is a reasonable number for a fly fishing board. There is actually not a lot of fly fishing in this post but this is the photography page. There is plenty of bad environmental news out there but you can still find some beauty and wildlife in the world if you look for it. I find the photography makes you slow down, look and listen and you start seeing things you would have otherwise missed. Fun stuff for sure.

Belted kingfisher. It took a lot to get close to this guy. They are very flighty.

Raccoon keeping and eye on me.

Osprey tearing into a pink tail perch.

Black rockfish and a pretty nice ocean day.

The national bird.

Violet green swallow bringing home the bacon.

Not your classic bass fishing conditions.

Not great bass fishing but better than no bass fishing.

Mallard getting off the water.

Launch at the marina.

Crabs caught.

Dragonflies are really something.

Blue heron on the move.