He is some information from Bruce about going to Newfoundland for Atlantic salmon for 4 years.

"Bill, a few years ago I set my sights on fishing for Atlantic’s. Doing research I settled on Newfoundland. Main reason there is no private water, no lottery for beats and if conditions are not good where you are you can move. I wanted the chance to hook more fish than just a large fish, grilse are just fine with me. If you come from away you are required to have a guide with the exception of Gros Morne Park which requires a park pass.

I was lucky enough to team up with a guide that fit the bill and them some and was affordable. This year seven days fishing was $4500 not including air fare for guide and lodging.

This was the fourth time that I have visited Newfoundland and the first time I thought that it would be just a one time deal.

Season opens June 1, not sure when it closes. Timing depends on the system, some rivers fish early season and others later. We fish mostly the rivers that go into the Bay of Saint George. There are more than a dozen rivers in range of a short drive. Also, in my limited experience, timing depends of the capelin run.
Bruce"

Video of capelin run.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Zd7cZOmu0